Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2004, 10:44 PM

Default a free card at the Bellagio

30-60 at the Bellagio. Hero has pocket kings and raises preflop. Six in the pot including both blinds. Flop is:

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Checked to hero who bets and is called in three places, including the big blind. Turn is:

[A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Checked around. River is:

[A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

BB bets. Comments?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: a free card at the Bellagio

I think I am betting the turn and folding to a raise. You would hate to have someone make a free flush if noone has an Ace. In any event, you cant win if someone has an ace and it may prevent someone from taking a shot at you on the river and putting you in this tough spot.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:40 PM

if you're going to call here you've got to bet the turn. for what it's worth I think you're beat and would fold the river. I'd say you saved some bets
Old 11-16-2004, 12:29 AM

Doesn't checking the turn induce a bluff on the river? There are 4 cards BB could hold that you lose to, and pocket sixes. The pot is big. I call...
Old 11-16-2004, 02:12 AM

I would have bet and reraised if possible. Bawls to the wall. If he's got it, then he's got it.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:17 AM

"Bawls to the wall."

mason is just thrilled about the high level of discussion we have going on here, and i think this post so far is a great example.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:18 AM

Bet the turn. I know it's hard, but bet the turn. There are only 2 aces left in the deck. it's probably around a 50/50 that someone actually has one. I don't try and induce bluffs my checking the turn when it is multiway. Many cards can help other players that don't hold an ace.
Old 11-16-2004, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Bawls to the wall."

mason is just thrilled about the high level of discussion we have going on here, and i think this post so far is a great example.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:09 PM

Default results and thoughts

Hero called. BB (me) showed pocket sixes.

So was my flop call correct? I'm getting about 15 to 1 on it, and there was one player to act, who appeared unlikely to raise. With the implied odds, it was probably correct.

Should hero bet the turn? Now, you're supposed to bet with pocket jacks or tens so a king or queen doesn't get a free card. But there's a possibility of a smaller pocket pair also, and I think he should have get.

Should I go for a check-raise on the river?
Old 11-16-2004, 10:54 PM

Why in God's name would you want to bet the turn here? Checking it down and calling one bet on the river as long as you don't have to overcall is completely correct. I guess the people who want to bet this turn expect all of your opponents to have flush draws. Sorry, but the flop is AA3 and three people called. You're in trouble. And yes, I saw the results.

-Michael