Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-29-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Quick Vegas Trip Report

Hi All,

I just spent the last couple day beating up retirees (and Jeffage) in the 50/100 - 100/200 stud games at Bellagio. It was a great learning experience in playing live poker. After talking to Jeffage, I am now aware of how different live and online poker can be. Repeatedly sucking out on Jeffage at 7am in a 4 handed 50/100 stud game was definitely one of the most amusing poker experiences of my life. Look forward to some hand posts from the two of us. Anyway, I'm taking a break from poker in San Jose for a couple days, and then off to LA to play at the Commerce 100/200 games.

Happy Holidays,
Carlos
Old 12-29-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Quick Vegas Trip Report

Sounds like you had a lot of fun Carlos. It is also nice to see that there is still some stud alive in Vegas. Looking forward to some good posts from you two.

Mike
Old 12-29-2005, 01:43 AM

Hello Carlos,

re.: "After talking to Jeffage, I am now aware of how different live and online poker can be."

How are they differnt? I have little live experience with live games and I'd sure be interested in reading some more comments.

Thanks
Old 12-29-2005, 02:23 AM

Say hi to snakehead for us.

Brett hasn't posted in the stud forum in about a year. I wonder if he'd make Emery's top five.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi All,

I just spent the last couple day beating up retirees (and Jeffage) in the 50/100 - 100/200 stud games at Bellagio. It was a great learning experience in playing live poker. After talking to Jeffage, I am now aware of how different live and online poker can be. Repeatedly sucking out on Jeffage at 7am in a 4 handed 50/100 stud game was definitely one of the most amusing poker experiences of my life. Look forward to some hand posts from the two of us. Anyway, I'm taking a break from poker in San Jose for a couple days, and then off to LA to play at the Commerce 100/200 games.

Happy Holidays,
Carlos

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like just yesterday you were telling me how profitable bonus whoring is and how it's the way to go at GP:Columbus when you eliminated me from Day 2 contention.

(PM me if you don't remember.)

Good to see that you're doing well!
Old 12-29-2005, 01:38 PM

I guess I've been out of the loop too long. When did they change the 40/80 to 50/100, do you know? I'll ask around, if not.

Caesars seems like they are trying to keep Stud going, as well. We just called to see what they are spreading (pending a short trip up for a couple of days), and they said 15/30, 30/60 FL Stud and 2-10 SL Stud. Amazing! Guess it's coming back faster and stronger than I thought it would (I predicted a long, horrible death, followed by a very slight recovery over several years. Glad to see I was utterly wrong!).

I'll give a trip report when we get back. If my strength holds up, I plan to play: Wynn 10/20 mixed (Stud, Stud 8, Razz, Omaha 8, TDL, Crazy Pineapple 8); Caesars (best Stud game); Aladdin 5/10 mixed (Omaha 8, Razz, Stud, Stud 8, TDL). Bellagio maybe, Orleans maybe.

See you in a couple of days, have a great NYE, everyone!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I've been out of the loop too long. When did they change the 40/80 to 50/100, do you know? I'll ask around, if not.

Caesars seems like they are trying to keep Stud going, as well. We just called to see what they are spreading (pending a short trip up for a couple of days), and they said 15/30, 30/60 FL Stud and 2-10 SL Stud. Amazing! Guess it's coming back faster and stronger than I thought it would (I predicted a long, horrible death, followed by a very slight recovery over several years. Glad to see I was utterly wrong!).

[/ QUOTE ]

they switched to 50/100 about 3-4 months ago.

don't count on any of the 15/30 or especially 30/60 stud games going at ceasars, yeah they have them on their board but the few times i was there the games weren't going and the interest list was only a couple people deep.

stick with the 20/40 stud game at bellagio, it goes every night, sometimes two tables and its been a very good game the times i have played it recently.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:37 PM

You were right. I should never have trusted the girl who answered the phone, lol. No Stud at Caesars.

I did play in a nice, juicy 2-20 mixed game at Aladdin though (HORSE + TDL).