Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Play along - Blind protection

call preflop, but 3bet if he steals a lot. If I play better than the sb and he consitently steals I 3bet top 30ish percent of my hands, or 60-70 percent of the hands i will play. As it is, just call.

Flop, HU pot, pretty sure u have to call down, one of those situations where u make or lose money...play wa/wb, let him bet his bluffs/smaller pairs/etc or his ace. If this was multiway (more than a few players) u might be able to find a a fold (anybody agree w/ me here? This really depends on how many are in though).

Actually, question: say this flop is 3handed. Same action w/ a limper that called preflop to act behind u....what is your action? (seriously, everyone should do Bonus/Hypothetical questions in thier threads...they rule. Also I ask alot of questions because Im trying to help others out, some are pretty basic and I know the answers, some Im just curious what will be said, etc.)
Old 12-14-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets out, Our Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise/fold to a 3-bet? No chance at a flush now and I do not like a two-tone flop with the A here. I do not see the benefit in a call so I'd rather take it down here, fold to TAG agrression, or try for a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO it's important to see a showdown here unless the board gets really, really ugly. So I wouldn't take any line that involves a reasonably likely fold.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets out, Our Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise/fold to a 3-bet? No chance at a flush now and I do not like a two-tone flop with the A here. I do not see the benefit in a call so I'd rather take it down here, fold to TAG agrression, or try for a free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO it's important to see a showdown here unless the board gets really, really ugly. So I wouldn't take any line that involves a reasonably likely fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought about it that way before (I should have since it is more +EV that way!) Thanks Redd!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

SB bets out, Our Hero Calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan bets, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

now I'm wishing I had folded to the steal, but I'm here to learn, here goes...

Hero folds. We are not improved by the K, we have no redraws left, we have a pair less than middle pair, the bet has doubled, and the pot is not big enough to continue.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:52 AM

Villan doesn't steal often and have NEVER SHOW DOWN garbage. Hes pretty dam solid from what we've seen.

OREO - It changes the whole hand if a limper in involved, we can give credit to SB for a bigger hand as he wouldnt BLIND STEAL with a limper. His raise is most likly a premium hand or a PP. I'd maybe peel the flop and fold to villans turn bet now. Hard to say as to many things would change.

P.s. This hand isn't played by me. I shall explain all upon conclusion.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:18 PM

Decisions people, bump.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SB bets out, Our Hero Calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan bets, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

now I'm wishing I had folded to the steal, but I'm here to learn, here goes...

Hero folds. We are not improved by the K, we have no redraws left, we have a pair less than middle pair, the bet has doubled, and the pot is not big enough to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd probably fold the turn after the K falls too.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:58 PM

Ok, Well it turns out hero put on his scuba gear and hit the river.

A 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] landed and villan checked, hero checked.

Villan showed 24o and apparently... Felt like a goof ball.

The name of this villan will remain a mystery and he's probably very embaressed about this play.

I think hero misplayed it, and im not sure if villan overplayed a COMPLETE BLUFF vs a weak hero... probably.

i wont reveal hero or villan indentity, but i may PM hero.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:25 PM

I think it's fine unless maybe the river. If I was villain I'd play any pocket pair this way and also any good Aces and Kings, so I think calling down is the best line here. River should be a clear value bet although I'm not sure what am I doing when he raises even I dont think he will raise very often.