Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: AK vs extremely Aggresive tag(says PT)

you think our ONE PAIR is ahead after all the action and then a MP bet and a button RAISE on a Straight/Flush board like this?

Or even a button bet?

I would call, because we've put one in if MP had bet and button raised.

But even against a bet from button after all the action and that river card i dont see us winning a hand like this after all that action and on that board (Straight, Flush, 2pair etc).

EDIT: Good point about the AF thing and folding.PT stats are a finer point i must touch on in the future.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:19 PM

I wouldn't overcall, but I would call getting 22 or 25 to 1. I'd say at least one out of twenty time I've seen an otherwise passive player take a swipe at the river with weak hand. With that kind of overlay, it's hard to say that showing down isn't at least 0 EV.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

JBA
[ QUOTE ]
and whether button calls or folds is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting as i dont think he holds anything TBH, but i think some people may take that into consideration hence i gave the option. I.e. he may be a wimp with 2pair. I do only have ONE pair after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry you misunderstand me, we are acting before button, and if button folds/calls it doesn't reopen the action, so we will never be given the chance to act after button folds or calls -- that's why it's irrelevant. know what i mean dog?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't overcall, but I would call getting 22 or 25 to 1. I'd say at least one out of twenty time I've seen an otherwise passive player take a swipe at the river with weak hand. With that kind of overlay, it's hard to say that showing down isn't at least 0 EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, but after MP's play you think we'll beat them both? TBH i guess its irrelevent as MP is calling the majority of the time anyhow.

Results were:<font color="white"> MP flipped 66, The other guy showed ATo and MP scoops it with a set. Scared of straight flush. Cheers all, great input. </font>

JBA - Understood, I noticed after questioning/posting it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Oops.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:44 PM

Sorry, I've lost the thread of conversation you're referring to. Basically, I'm calling MP's bet. If he checks and button bets or if button raises, I'm calling but not overcalling.