Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-06-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Turn and River play, AA OTB

I'm looking at this again and think that K6 just filled up.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually now that i look at it again it looks like the dude flopped set and the dude got passive to your 3bet because of the 3rd club and then filled up on the river and said oh i got a house ill bet. the other passive probably has a naked k so you definitely want to just call the river. sucks that they didnt check to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, missed the turn 3-bet/dude call. Either flopped a set or had 7s...K6?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
actually now that i look at it again it looks like the dude flopped set and the dude got passive to your 3bet because of the 3rd club and then filled up on the river and said oh i got a house ill bet. the other passive probably has a naked k so you definitely want to just call the river. sucks that they didnt check to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, missed the turn 3-bet/dude call. Either flopped a set or had 7s...K6?

[/ QUOTE ]

A set makes sense too when he wakes up on the river, however I had a 3rd thought. Would we expect a c/r on the river by an unknown with a boat, or is this a scarecard bluff? I am thinking a standard villain expects us to raise him with our flush and he can get a 3-bet in.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:07 PM

How can you put this guy on a flopped set with a board of KJ676?

Also, how can you put him on K6 specifically? How is that more likely that KJ or K7?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you put this guy on a flopped set with a board of KJ676?

Also, how can you put him on K6 specifically? How is that more likely that KJ or K7?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a set and KJ are likely in that they would be scared by the flush coming in when they call the 3-bet. The only reason I suggested K6 is that Dude donks us on the river. Dude's whole line is very confusing at best. I can't see him limping JJ, but there's only one 66. I think there could be 2 reasons for the S&G: he's bluffing or he has a monster. I admit that KJ is likely, which leans me towards this river call.

However, doesn't SSH suggest the following line if it goes A->Hero->B, and we believe we can beat A (or A is on a bluff), but we can't beat B: we should raise the river to force B out? I'm not sure it applies however, because if B has a flush, he's not folding.