Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Hit the hand I was drawing to now facing large overbet

quick call
Old 11-29-2005, 10:19 PM

Just don't cry like the douche at this years WSOP if the villain has the nut flush.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:29 PM

I did not realize the board paired. That changes this a lot. I would still call and expect to see a small flush a good deal of the time.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:20 PM

Fold.
He limped in with a small pair, hit trips on the flop thus the huge raise, and joy of joys (for him) a small pair on board gives him a boat, while at the same time giving you a dead in the water flush.
Even without the pair on board, if he had bet the same, you would still be scratching your head because K3 flush is not the nuts, and he might have it.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand what you guys think the villian has.

Villian limped, hero raised, and villian called. This screams suited connecters/pocket pair.

Villian check raises Hero on the flop. Set? 8/9 spades?
It's very unlikely the villian has an overpair given his preflop play (even JJ is unlikely [playing passive preflop and super aggro postflop]).

The turn all in by the villian is an easy fold. It's much more likely he check-raised a set than check-raised a flush draw (just what i've noticed, i might be wrong here).

Unless you have a great read on the villian, the turn is an easy fold.

Go forth and prosper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here, but if villian has a king high flush beat, seems like a strange all-in, considering stack sizes in relation to the pot... I'd have trouble calling this without a read on the player.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not realize the board paired. That changes this a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither did i. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
I think this is a though spot and i am not certain what i would have done.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing a ton of tables so I don't have any read whatsoever on this guy. I haven't see anything crazy from him. I do typically have a maniac image at the tables so it's always possible that I'm being played back at.

The flop is a re-raise/call/fold situation with merits to all three actions. I'm inclined to re-raise all-in here if the stacks are a touch shallower.

Tempo on turn all-in bet was INSTA as they come.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($213.25)
UTG ($164.50)
MP ($206.10)
CO ($328.90)
Hero ($296.70)
SB ($44.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $7.

Flop: ($21) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $60</font>, Hero calls $40.

Turn: ($141) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO calls $259.90 (All-In)

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhh, i know who your play looks like. do you have a female avatar and 5-6 table 200NL? last three letters of ur name are caps locked? if so, i had u on my buddy list when i first started 200NL, after further review/datamining i will be avoiding u unless i really feel like playing poker.

edit: if u are who i think u are insta-call.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:13 AM

Fold, he has boat 7 full of fours or 4*4 (77 or 44)
Old 11-30-2005, 02:43 AM

My feeling is calling this is bad unless you have evidence he will do this with a worse hand. If you have not seen him show down an overbet this is a fold for me.

Check raising a flush draw on the flop does not seem to happen that much. Usually they bet out or c/c. But when someone does check raise a flush draw on the flop it is usually a decent bet designed to get you to fold, probably about 80.