Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Taking my TT to far..

No reads as I only have 8 hands from this player.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Stuff like this happens to often and I don't know where to go with it. I'm oop and on the flop I think I'm behind almost every time he raises however the board is pretty drawheavy so he could be going for a freecard. I bet/call and turn leaves me with a gutshot. Should we fold Turn or perhaps just bet/fold the flop..?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Taking my TT to far..

I give this one up on the flop if I'm planning to leave the table soon. If not, then I call the flop and fold this turn. Yeah, you picked up some outs but not enough to call.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Taking my TT to far..

I prolly just fold on the flop. If you call the flop tho, it should be with the intention to see a showdown unless the board gets ugly (i.e. spades or an ace fall). I dont like calling the flop just to fold the turn. So once you call the flop your turn call is fine, regardless of picking up a draw or not. river is standard IMO