Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 08:50 PM

Default To be or not to be.....

[ QUOTE ]
Time for 2+2 to instill a mandatory weekly post quota by which, if not met, your account gets declared "inactive" and then blocked. Oh, and you MUST be logged in to read.

Where's Surf?

[/ QUOTE ]

this has just been posted in another thread, and actually I like this. For quite a long times i've wanted to increase my activity on 2+2. however having a fulltime job, a measly life and a strict monthly qouta of hands i try to play doens't leave you with much time to go over sessions and finding good hands with dificult dessicisons.

Bad excuse maybe since I still get to learn from the hands presented by other posters. But actually this is not the only way I improve I have two coaches now and I read books aswell. I will remember to post a few hands from the next session I'm sending my coach though.

Anyways I'd like a few words from other posters on how they select their hands..? do you just write down the starting hand while playing and go find it in PT afterwards..? That's what I've been doing most of the times when I've posted. This will however get more difficult depending on how many tabels you are playing I think. I just find it too time consuming to playback most of my session in PT. And just posting the hands whith big losses will not get the right picture in the long run anyways.

How do you do..?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: To be or not to be.....

I usually jot down hands I want to go over afterwards as they happen....like: "KQo hand, bet-fold river vs boringFish11"... then I go look it up in PT later.

Surf
Old 11-22-2005, 09:00 PM

I need to get better at this, since It'll fit just perfect with taking more small breaks of 5-15 minutes which is something I think I need to do more to protect myself from autopiloting and sticking with A-game.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:01 PM

I keep notepad open when I play and copy/paste the history in right after the hand.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:08 PM

I actually thought about having some program running while playing. Normally I write it down on paper and it takes my focus away for a few seconds. I'll try this.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:03 PM

typically i'll just jot down my starting cards in notepad and then find them in PT. Sometimes after a session i'll glance through the hands where i won or lost the most and consider them for posting.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways I'd like a few words from other posters on how they select their hands..?

[/ QUOTE ]

I write the hand # down and look through my old hand histories. Copy from that histroy - paste into bisonbisons converter - then copy and paste converted history into the forum here.

I pick hands that frustrate me. Missed value, loose calls, etc.