Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

View Poll Results: #1
Bad 8 34.78%
Good 15 65.22%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Open Raising the SB With Pure Trash

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is in the shorthanded section of HPFAP. If the BB fold to your raise x% (I really should know this) of the time it is immediatly profitable to raise every hand.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a dinner with a bunch of guys, and stox was among them. he said with a fold bb to steal >50 he will raise any 2 from the sb. i found that interesting. i am typically tihgt from the sb

[/ QUOTE ]

untrue. my bottom 90% of hands I will always raise. top 10% balanced between raising and completing.

It's mathematically impossible for it to be incorrect to NOT raise your worst hand (23o) from the SB first in if you KNOW BB will fold greater than 50% of the time. I dont see what is so hard here. Maybe you are saying someone will defend more liberally vs a SB steal than a button steal?

Give me 23o in the SB first in vs a 51% folder with no memory a million times in a row please (1:2 and 2:3 structure only).

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not mathematically impossible to lose money with 23o against a guy who folds 51% of his hands. the reason for this is he has position and a better hand, giving you some reverse implied odds. preflop you will be making automoney. but postflop id have to imagine youd lose something right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you are a bad player. If you admit to winning money preflop, then you can just take the blind fold method, and you will be good. You can be doing even better if you know when to continue, and when not to.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:01 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is in the shorthanded section of HPFAP. If the BB fold to your raise x% (I really should know this) of the time it is immediatly profitable to raise every hand.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a dinner with a bunch of guys, and stox was among them. he said with a fold bb to steal >50 he will raise any 2 from the sb. i found that interesting. i am typically tihgt from the sb

[/ QUOTE ]

untrue. my bottom 90% of hands I will always raise. top 10% balanced between raising and completing.

It's mathematically impossible for it to be incorrect to NOT raise your worst hand (23o) from the SB first in if you KNOW BB will fold greater than 50% of the time. I dont see what is so hard here. Maybe you are saying someone will defend more liberally vs a SB steal than a button steal?

Give me 23o in the SB first in vs a 51% folder with no memory a million times in a row please (1:2 and 2:3 structure only).

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not mathematically impossible to lose money with 23o against a guy who folds 51% of his hands. the reason for this is he has position and a better hand, giving you some reverse implied odds. preflop you will be making automoney. but postflop id have to imagine youd lose something right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you are a bad player. If you admit to winning money preflop, then you can just take the blind fold method, and you will be good. You can be doing even better if you know when to continue, and when not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are situations where you have to pick the play that will lose you the least money
Old 11-21-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are situations where you have to pick the play that will lose you the least money

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? openfolding any flop will not lose you any money, and I think everyone will agree there aer better ways to play.