Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: 10/25 AA...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Id rather call the push than the RR as I surely wont have enough implied odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call, you aren't calling for the sake of implied odds. This is the part in particular that I was reference when I wondered what you were talking about...?

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

I read it as though he took the minraisers perspective: If you'd be facing a 3bet, would you sooner call a push or a reraise that won't give you implied odds?

Marnix

[/ QUOTE ]

What I was saying is that the concept of implied odds doesn't play into this discussion at all. Neither a push nor a smaller reraise give you implied odds to try to draw out if your hand is not best.

ML4L
Old 11-12-2005, 06:43 PM

Default Re: 10/25 AA...

[ QUOTE ]

It doesnt look like a misclick.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would a misclick look like?

It may be a misclick, but how many percent of the time do you think it is? I have no clue, but .5% of the time at the very most.

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like a standard donkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard? I personally don't see the min-reraise after a late position open and coldcall very often. I must be playing in the wrong games.

Well what hands would SB do this with? Why would he raise the minimum in the worst position? Original raiser will never fold to that raise. SBs raise sucks, hence "donk raise"

[ QUOTE ]
Pushing here seeems more illegitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting another raise in here is screaming that you have a big hand, regardless of the amount. But, putting in your entire stack after two people have shown strength is FAR more obvious than some other amount, IMO.

I believe the opposite. Its just like a "post-oak" bluff. You bet so little that your opponent thinks that you must have a hand, yet you dont. Just the other way around.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think many ppl 3bet preflop with thrash, its a lot more common to push pre with thrash.

[/ QUOTE ]

With no information on the players, I don't belive a push with trash to be common here in a full game.

No I dont either. However I feel it will be alot more common to push with thrash than it will be to 3bet with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Id rather call the push than the RR as I surely wont have enough implied odds to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call, you aren't calling for the sake of implied odds. This is the part in particular that I was reference when I wondered what you were talking about...?

Lets say we are CO here with QQ. So we raise, SB donkraises and BB makes it $800 to go. We call, SB call.

Flop is 2 7 4r, just rags. SB checks, BB fire and we? If BB pushes pre instead at least we wont have any awkward post-flop decisions.

Now the quotes are f'ed up. Enjoy cutting edge forum technology from 1998.