Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: 88 heads-up

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can see some people who would cap preflop. As for me, against most I would call, but would definitely raise that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the flop is definetely a solid option.

How does a flop raise compare to a turn raise as far as the way the hand is likely to play out when considering the BB's range of hands? (You know what I mean?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather raise the flop here because there are a lot of cards I don't want to see, and putting in one BB on the flop, and one BB on the turn to check behind the river is cheaper than putting in 1 SB on the flop, and 2 BB on the turn to do the same.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How does a flop raise compare to a turn raise as far as the way the hand is likely to play out when considering the BB's range of hands? (You know what I mean?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure what you mean? I'm raising the flop for value and protection with a likely good but vulnerable hand. Are you thinking you're more likely to fold a better hand with a turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about a better hand, but there's certainly the possibility of getting him to fold a 6-outer with a turn raise. When you raise the flop, villian is going to see the river with overs pretty much always.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:10 PM

I would almost always raise this flop here, especially against a competent player.

Since you didn't raise the flop, I'm raising the turn, and that's the last money I'm putting in the pot.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you play pre-flop or the flop differently?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not me...

[ QUOTE ]
What's the plan from the turn on?

[/ QUOTE ]
call a turn bet, call a river bet, bet if checked to.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can see some people who would cap preflop. As for me, against most I would call, but would definitely raise that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the flop is definetely a solid option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather raise the flop here because there are a lot of cards I don't want to see, and putting in one BB on the flop, and one BB on the turn to check behind the river is cheaper than putting in 1 SB on the flop, and 2 BB on the turn to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping for when I posted this hand.

My concern though, (and maybe it's unfounded), is being forced to lay down the best hand.

If I raise the flop it's possible, (though maybe not common), for this guy to 3-bet and lead at me on the turn w/ AK. (Especially considering that he likely thinks I'm stealing with a pretty wide range.)

If I just call the flop and then raise the turn, it makes raising w/ AK a lot more difficult for him, and it makes it easier for me to lay down my 8's if he takes this line.

There's a lot more to this situation that I know I'm not covering. Just kinda thinking out loud.

Thanks for the replies so far.