Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: stars 5/10... GULP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has no idea how strong you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

He calls 2 raises preflop, I assume he doesnt give off the appearance of a live one, what the hell does a good player have when he calls 2 raises preflop for a significant portion of stacks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pocket ducks? Yeh Its a fold, One i know never make. JJ or AA is too likely....
Old 10-26-2005, 12:26 PM

Agree, with all players having big stacks it's a different story.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:27 PM

Garland,

Since he already flat called the original raise...dont you think it would look suspicious to re-raise all in after his smooth call? In my opinion it would be a lot easier to get away from Queens with that line. However, if he goes all in after the flop bet, Queens would have a much tougher time getting away from the hand.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:41 PM

i smoothcalled preflop so that i could make more on the flop if i was ahead. I highly doubt that 99 calls a push preflop, and I think 99-JJ combined are only slightly more likely for villain to have than AA (because i think he would reraise them a smaller % of the time). I'm not trying to defend my action, rather to explain why I did it. I feel like i am way ahead of villain's hand range preflop (AA,KK,QQ,JJ,AK), some % of (88-TT, AQ, random idiot). However i cant come up with a line where i make as much as i think i should assuming he has a range somewhere near what i guessed. I think making a non-allin 3bet preflop is awful,and i don't like the preflop allin much either (although i dont like any lines much).

FWIW i pushd and he insta-calld QQ- but i dont think its worth much. Not a common spot, but still would like a line i prefer to mine.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:32 PM

He doesnt know the strenght of your hand so I dont think you should fold. The job is now to make him pay you off with a worse hand(if he has it). I suggest minraising or maybe a little more.