Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: What is actually happening

I am an affiliate with Absolute, an done of the major differences is the number of hands played.
Talked to a couple of players signe dup under me, and the number of hands appearing in Absolute's system is about 1/3 of how many they actually played...
Old 10-25-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Re: Effect of Bonuses on Absolute MGR

[ QUOTE ]
My pokertracker only shows rake on pots that I have won which means it would be different to how most sites calculate it. Is there a way that I can set it up to use tablerake/number of players as rake paid?

[/ QUOTE ]
Go to the <Game Notes> tab. This gives you rake for:

1. Individual hands.

2. All hands played by a specific player that matching the filter specified under the <Preferences> tab. This allows you to designate a specific day or range of days. Using Date Preference you can adjust for time zone. You can also filter by limit.

3. A specific session highlighted on the <Session Notes> tab.

Note the APH stat. This is the average number of players for the hands displayed.

Beware: PT filters hands by the date that a session started, not the day the individual hand started. This matters if you play late at night.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:29 PM

so whats the word on the streets...is this going to be fixed? My number of hands has been cut by about a third...hope AP fixes this and then credits my account with the lost rake that I have earned.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:32 PM

Hi Guys

As an affiliate we are getting daily emails about this...we just got another one. I have no idea how many of you are our players but it fills us(and i am sure the other affiliates) with confidence to know that you guys do not for one second think that the affiliates ar stitching you up. It would of course have to be a brilliant conspiracy for us to pull that off across so many players [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

We have forwarded every email that we receive about a discrepancy to Absolute. They have sent us this back regarding hand counts today:

"As you are aware, player rake is calculated based on the total rake collected in hands played by your players. Those hands that do not collect a rake obviously do not generate any revenue.

In the past the hands played information displayed in our reporting was a sum of all of the hands played, as opposed to only those that are raked, which can be as high as 30 - 40% of all hands, depending on limits and number of players at the table.

This month we changed the reporting to only show the number of hands played that were raked, which is of course accurate. What we did not consider is the number of players that are using programs like Poker Tracker, and they have raised concerns about the accuracy of the hands played, as Poker Tracker displays total hands played only.

We are going to change our reporting back as soon as possible to report total hands played again to alleviate these concerns. "

We hope this solves the problem for at least some of you...i'm guessing it's a "No" for the majority

Kind regards

Jess
Old 10-25-2005, 08:49 PM

thanks for keeping us posted Jessica. It's also nice to see that Absolute seems to be responding to things pretty quickly.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:55 PM

They seem to be missing the problem. It is not hand count that is wrong, nor is it because of the PT error from earlier in the month.

It is the fact that the MGR calculation that we typically assume shows most of us with almost twice the amount of MGR that they are reporting.

All that they need to do is reveal the formula that they use. I don't think anyone feels that Absolute is trying to rip us off. We just want to be on the same page.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is the fact that the MGR calculation that we typically assume shows most of us with almost twice the amount of MGR that they are reporting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This problem, is indeed a problem with your data in pokertracker... make sure you have the latest version of pokertracker, delete your sessions and reimport.

You can see this easiest, by going to the summary tab and looking at the %ofPot column, it will be much higher than is actually being taken, because your data is bad.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:25 AM

Ok, I exported my absolute hand histories and purged/reimported them. It is now showing a total rake of $2200 vs $3300 before. My affiliate is reporting about $1600. Still seems low.

I've played 5300 hands of 10/20 6-max and 3800 hands of 5/10 6-max there this month. A MGR of $1600 just doesn't seem right.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Absolute management please read

[ QUOTE ]
What we did not consider is the number of players that are using programs like Poker Tracker, and they have raised concerns about the accuracy of the hands played, as Poker Tracker displays total hands played only.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is incorrect. PT can easily provide the exact number of raked hands played. Most of us know how to do this. I do not believe counts of hands played are an issue here.

I am also aware of the Poker Tracker problem interpreting return of uncalled bets. I downloaded the corrective patch to PT, exported all the hand histories in my Absolute database, and created a new database from the hand histories. My database is completely correct concerning the amount raked from each pot.

The problem is that daily reports appear to compute player MGR for a single hand as follows:

MGR = (<Total rake> / <Total players dealt cards&gt * 1/2

The first part of the formula is well-known and on AP's website, but the factor of 1/2 is a mystery.

I am willing to do the following to help Absolute put this issue to rest. I have a recent daily MGR report of less than a dollar that appears to be based on exactly four hands. Please either PM me at 2+2 or post an email address that I can send the following information to:

1. My account identity.

2. The date the hands were played and the amount of MGR reported by my affiliate for that day.

3. The hand numbers for each of the four hands. These hands were played at the same table between 2355 Eastern time and midnight. They are the only hands I played that calendar day.

Have your tech guys sit down with the four hand histories and my account information. If they can explain how they got the MGR result from the hands then we can all relax. Otherwise you will know exactly what the problem is and that should make it much easier to find and fix.

My only requests are that you tell me what you determined and that you keep my account information private. That means do not post the hand history numbers because anyone could look me up.

Let me conclude by saying that I am a new customer and I am enjoying playing at your site. Your customer service people have a very good attitude.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This problem, is indeed a problem with your data in pokertracker... make sure you have the latest version of pokertracker, delete your sessions and reimport.

You can see this easiest, by going to the summary tab and looking at the %ofPot column, it will be much higher than is actually being taken, because your data is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is not the problem.

I imported the PT patch as soon as it was released by Pat.

My MGR like Stellar Wind said is just about half of what it should be if it is indeed calculated in the same manner as UB or the Party Skins.