Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: very deep stars 10/20

durrr- looks good so far. now stop messing around and spike on this guy.

i am predicting a river Kx, check, check, and durr scoops. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durrr- looks good so far. now stop messing around and spike on this guy.

i am predicting a river Kx, check, check, and durr scoops. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Villains 57[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is no good.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:46 PM

what would you advocate doing if i had JJ (or 99 w/e)?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:58 PM

against this guy, i am pushing everytime with a set here.

from everyone's descriptions of him, he could easily have some sort of two way draw which he will call a push with. and if he folds a weird onepair hand, so be it.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

from everyone's descriptions of him, he could easily have some sort of two way draw which he will call a push with. and if he folds a weird onepair hand, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... but don't you think he knows this? In other words i think my only chance to win the pot unimproved is right here- because any hand which i would value bet on the river i would push on the turn. IMO even if i had AJ or something and thought it was good i would push the turn- becuase if he is bluffing he definitely has a lot of outs. I think if i call not 1c more goes into the pot from me unless i hit, or a card completing another draw hits(which there are a lot of).
Old 10-22-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... but don't you think he knows this? In other words i think my only chance to win the pot unimproved is right here- because any hand which i would value bet on the river i would push on the turn. IMO even if i had AJ or something and thought it was good i would push the turn- becuase if he is bluffing he definitely has a lot of outs. I think if i call not 1c more goes into the pot from me unless i hit, or a card completing another draw hits(which there are a lot of).

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure if you were disagreeing with a point in my post or not, but i agree with all the above.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:48 PM

the hting that doesn't make sense about this logic is given how drawy the board is, for you to call on the turn and push a completed draw A)forfeits the money when he pushes unimproved on his missed draw of 7 high or whatever and B) if he completes his draw he might realize exactly what you've said about turn pushing v calling and check his completed draw, letting you bluff it. given how little we know about his hand right now and how wide his range is, i think it is imprudent to use this as your line if he knows what you assume he knows about what a turn call implies.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:21 PM

Default RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
the hting that doesn't make sense about this logic is given how drawy the board is, for you to call on the turn and push a completed draw A)forfeits the money when he pushes unimproved on his missed draw of 7 high or whatever and B) if he completes his draw he might realize exactly what you've said about turn pushing v calling and check his completed draw, letting you bluff it. given how little we know about his hand right now and how wide his range is, i think it is imprudent to use this as your line if he knows what you assume he knows about what a turn call implies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, basically im in an awful spot if i call IMO. Which is why i wish i pushd (i calld and missed like a donkey)

He pushed the river (it was a blank not sure what i'll post later no time now).
Old 10-22-2005, 05:45 PM

Move all in on the turn, you had 15 outs if you are called. Which i doubt u will be. Very simple
Old 10-22-2005, 06:34 PM

then why not push here? worst case scenario...

even if called it should be a good image play!