Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Results

UTG had 45d, button had KK.

IMO the most interesting part of this hand is what happens if i had called (in this case i think button pushes a high % of the time... on a bluff, but with massive equity).

River went chk/chk.

I still think i like my fold, although it is very close, and very ugly.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Results

craze this is the reason i was disagreeing w/ you when you said h@ll couldnt have a high flush (i've seen him slowplay big hands vs. me before a bit too). Do you still think after seeing that he had KK that a flush wasn't possible?

Please don't take the above the wrong way, I do not in any way mean "i told you so." Instead I am truly asking if you think that since he slowplayed top set he would possibly slowplay a high flush (I realize that KK wasnt the nuts, and that slowplaying on the flop is different than the turn). And after what u've said im considering more and more that perhaps my line should have been call UTG's bet, and fold to any river action from UTG, but call if h@ll pushed (so long as UTG didnt).
Old 10-14-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: Multi-way 10/20 ps, 500bb stacks

I would fold this turn. If the hand ended there, I'd lean more towards calling, but the river action isn't going to go your way. You won't get any more money from worse hands and won't get better hands to fold. At the same time, it is possible that you could be pushed off your hand even when it is the best hand, or you could be put in a spot where you end up paying off a better hand for even more.
(yes I realize I somewhat contradicted myself, it is possible to get more money from a worse hand, but it won't be common)
Old 10-14-2005, 03:30 AM

my thinking was almost exactly the same as urs justin...
Old 10-14-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Results

I don't think this counts as slowplaying. He didnt have a chance to put in a safe raise, as str8 was possible on flop and then flush on turn. If he had been slowplaying he would have made a move on the turn instead of just calling everything. He was just being cautious, which is reinforced by the fact that he didnt bet the river when checked to.

In general Hall doesnt slowplay. He has no need to with his image. The only hand that he might slowplay here is the nut flush, but IMO he will virtually never do it w/ stacks this deep and 2 opponents. So when UTG raises and you therefore put him on diamonds, I think you have no reason to worry about Hall.

For this reason my most likely play is to call the raise. I'm not at all worried about Hall pushing. For one thing I dont think he will, even w/ KK, because he cannot rate his fold equity as being high, and also because if he does it's a simple decision for me.

If you call this raise I think Hall overcalls. If UTG checks the river, you bet. As long as no board pair or extra diamond.

Btw w/ smaller stacks (100bb-200bb) I push the turn.

EDIT: I should say I think KellyQQ's river check hu vs Hall is horrible.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pots like this are the reason small suited cards, small pocket pairs begin to actually have REVERSE implied odds at these stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you pay off better hands. I love those hands w/ stacks like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know why I was thinking that these were 1k BB stacks even though it says in the title of the post.....anyways yah 500BB stacks this is fine.

-JP
Old 10-14-2005, 06:38 PM

500bb vs 1kbb doesnt change the issue here.