Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 09-23-2005, 10:57 AM

Default RSI to index fingers

my index finger on my right hand is shot to hell with clicking and my middle finger in not far behind. awhile ago i started to mouse with the left hand and can see the same thing happening.

i have seen posts were players are using joy sticks to make their actions instead of using a mouse. my problem is i am a noob when it comes to writing/copying scrips to get them to work. there is no way i could get a joy stick to work. i have also seen posts where keyboard strokes take the place of mousing; again, it aint gonna happen here.

so, what are the alternatives? i assume a mouse works by making an electrical connection when its clicked. if a mouse was taken apart and the electrical connection was completed by an alternative to clicking, would this work? im thinking along the lines of completing the arc by a copper wire contraption.

any thoughts before i electrocute myself.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: RSI to index fingers

yeah man, try hooking it up so you can just play with the keyboard. you will want to install a program called "autohotkey", which designates certain keys to emulate mouse movements/clicks.

I have mine set up to do:

F1=FOLD
F2=CALL
F3=BET (minbet)..to bet paticular amount, use keypad, then F3
F4=PUSH

and, the arrow keys select tables (if you quad)

This will walk you through the setup