Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 03:35 PM

Default AKs Hand, 10+1

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

SB (t570)
BB (t525)
UTG (t700)
UTG+1 (t980)
Hero (t665)
MP2 (t1610)
MP3 (t1590)
CO (t910)

Button (t450)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t90, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls t60.

Flop: (t285) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

BB bets 50
Hero?

Don't have much of a read on villian, level 2. His raise is donk-tastic, 89s,KJ,QJ,AJ, overcards, slow-playing a set, God knows. Really strange bet, but I am in the land o' strange bets at 10+1. I think I should push, but may be behind with only 6 outs + FE. Strange bets are hard to handle with my stack size - I'd like to re-raise here if I had more chips to gain some info normally...but my stack size makes this a confusing spot.

comment on the hand or handling strange donkish bets w/ small stack, whatever.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: AKs Hand, 10+1

bump
Old 08-23-2005, 04:00 PM

Your stack is too small to raise to get a read on the situation. One of the reasons you only made it 90 preflop is because it gives you the option to get away from the hand. If you push then your raise to 90 was bad--you shoulda pot-commited preflop with a much bigger raise. Call 50 with the intention of folding to a turn bet if you don't make A or K. Occassionally you'll find out you were outplayed by some donk Ax hand, but you can still have 500 chips and double through on a better hand/flop.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:05 PM

Default know where you\'re at in the hand

fold. no time to get cute. had you been in BB's position, i would clearly have pushed all-in instead of calling 60. since you raised first, got two callers, and did'nt connect on the flop-- fold. you don't have a stack to be fooling around with postflop play w/ a missed hand, pick another spot.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:07 PM

I def dont think that a push is needed here. You have nothing but a great starting hand. Im sure given his stack size, that if he has TPGK hes gonna call. With no reads and that measly bet before the flop I think its likely your beat. Fold.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: know where you\'re at in the hand

Fold. This looks to me like a flopped two pair, J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], the small bet has to have you beat. Im not putting any more into this pot, even though its only 50.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:21 PM

It would drive me nuts to play at Party with such low beginning stack sizes. I guess the games end quicker, but it seems like much more of a crapshoot.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: know where you\'re at in the hand

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. This looks to me like a flopped two pair, J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

???????????????????????????????????

I have no idea how you came to this conclusion. I am really stumped.

I also fold, but I'm more worried about the fact I'm up against 2 cold-callers and that I didn't hit the flop. You played it ok, just fold and move on.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would drive me nuts to play at Party with such low beginning stack sizes. I guess the games end quicker, but it seems like much more of a crapshoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but...
more pushing = more fun

Plus it's not a crapshoot, it's ICM calcs! Which reminds me, I think today is the day I get SNGPT. Or Tomorrow. Yeah.