Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: From ZeeJustin\'s web site...steal into KJ8 board?

ry,

his bet was closer to 1/2 the pot than 2/3 of it.

i think that as has been said in other posts here that people are waaaaay overestimating the effect that will be had on z's profits by people who are initially unfamiliar with his game trying to "play at him due to his postings." i think anyone who's already a regular with z knows what type of player he is (good), and that anyone who isn't and thinks that they are going to take an edge off him using his posts is probably not good.

z's going to be changing up his style as he moves through any tournament, probably not so much as to make this standardish move become not the play he makes at any point, because well, them's free chips if he's in the hand because he knows how to play against the opponent.

but well, a thinking opponent is going to mix up how he plays the hand against z as well, so yes, he's going to get checkraised sometimes here and have to throw away his hand. hell, he might even get bluff checkraised here sometimes and have to throw away his hand! amazing! other people get to make plays besides the hero sometimes. and yes, they mix it up too!

sigh.

citanul
Old 07-31-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He says that the more aggressive the opponent is, the more wary you should be about their check on the flop here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, clearly, you are always looking for a DIFFERENCE in a behaviour. An aggressive player who suddenly checks should make you feel uncomfortable in a sense.

[ QUOTE ]
but a predictable weak tighty guy, you should probably be less wary of their check because they are checking flops they miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZJ probably had enough of a read to realize that a check in this situation by that opponent wasn't a bad sign. Most avarage players will tend to check a missed flop in such a spot.

I don't think this particular spot is actually very interesting. It looks like a routine play. It would have been different had villain bet into ZJ, and if ZJ saw him as an aggressive opponent. These are toughish spots where you have to decide whether your made hand is good enough, and what should you do with it (call down, raise, fold etc). It also depends of course on the calling tendencies of your opponent. Are they able to lay down a marginal hand if YOU represent a better hand (even if you don't have it)? Of course, it has much to do with their perception of your play .

Most of it has more to do with MTTs than with SNGs, unless you're playing more against regulrs in higher levels.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:23 PM

Im going to start posting blogs of how I bet 100% of time when checked to me, that way maybe everyone will check all their made hands against me all the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to start posting blogs of how I bet 100% of time when checked to me, that way maybe everyone will check all their made hands against me all the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you better say you bet 90-95% of the time... It will work the same, but will look more credible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]