Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Min bets to steal at bubble time?

I played against a pretty tight group when it went down to 4 handed last night (I had a pretty good lead), and I had excellent results just tossing in a min bet to open the pot on the flop (that I missed). On a few occasions it was a 300 bet into a 1050 pot ... super weak bet, but was working.

I realize I was lucky enough to be stealing against some weak tights, but in a tougher game can min bets steal or is the 1/2 pot bet required?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Min bets to steal at bubble time?

[ QUOTE ]
I played against a pretty tight group when it went down to 4 handed last night (I had a pretty good lead), and I had excellent results just tossing in a min bet to open the pot on the flop (that I missed). On a few occasions it was a 300 bet into a 1050 pot ... super weak bet, but was working.

I realize I was lucky enough to be stealing against some weak tights, but in a tougher game can min bets steal or is the 1/2 pot bet required?

[/ QUOTE ]

The rule is you 'bet the minimum required to get the desired result'. If it works, dont knock it.

In poker, there is no spoon.

Phill
Old 07-12-2005, 01:21 PM

lol. I guess I caught onto that notion, I was giggling like a school girl watching the folds and thinking, "this can't be normal" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 01:22 PM

I'd say it has more to do with your table image up to the point of you using the min-bets to steal, which could work at any table then.

But I'd say you'd need to show "real" strength at a tougher table, otherwise you'll be raised and be forced to have a hand or fold.