Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Turning Stone Lodging and Stuff

My little bro and I are heading up to Turning Stone for a midweek stay at the end of July. What's the best choice for lodging? On site for two nights at the Tower or Hotel will run about $270, while staying off site at their motel is about $100 less.

Any recommendations? Anyone get a poker rate there?

Do they do meal comps or are you on your own?

Finally - on the tourneys (70+15 and such) anyone know what type of field size you see mid-week? Anything special one needs to know about them?

Thanks!

edit - also got some information from the poker wiki site - not sure how up-to-date it is though...
Old 06-29-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone Lodging and Stuff

Call the poker room, tell them you want the poker rate, 80 bucks in the tower (that's on weekends probably even cheaper during the week)
Old 06-29-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the poker room, tell them you want the poker rate, 80 bucks in the tower

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!

[ QUOTE ]
(that's on weekends probably even cheaper during the week)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

-dB
Old 06-29-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My little bro and I are heading up to Turning Stone for a midweek stay at the end of July. What's the best choice for lodging? On site for two nights at the Tower or Hotel will run about $270, while staying off site at their motel is about $100 less.

Any recommendations? Anyone get a poker rate there?

Do they do meal comps or are you on your own?

Finally - on the tourneys (70+15 and such) anyone know what type of field size you see mid-week? Anything special one needs to know about them?

Thanks!

edit - also got some information from the poker wiki site - not sure how up-to-date it is though...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am writing a long post on my trip to tstone, monday and tuseday, which might help you, but as for ur ?'s

Make a reservation for your room ask about the poker rate. They will book it for the poker rate 75 a night. Then when you get there get youn players card. Play for 4 hours (before 12 that night), go to the back table and tell them you need a poker rate room slip. Bring it to the reservation area they will make your poker rate offical. You also get a $5 comp with your players card after 4 hours of play, ask for the slip at the same place.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:24 PM

IIRC tower poker rate is $80 and the inn poker rate is $50. you have to play 1 4 hour session to qualify for a nights poker rate. also, if you are going there during peak times of the week, such as friday or saturday than these rates sell out. during the weekdays however they always have some available.