Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-25-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: CL Final

I stopped watching the live broadcast after half-time then caught the rebroadcast without knowing the result, and wow what a fantastic game. I think Milan were a bit unlucky to lose that. Obviously they messed up but they did have by far the better of the game except for about 20 minutes of the 2nd half. Amazing comeback by Liverpool though. They showed their class.

Am I the only person who thinks Cisse, Baros and Luis Garcia (admittedly he has his moments) are just not good enough?

Dudek was hilarious. The spaghetti legs imitation wasn't perfect but still made me laugh. I can see him practising in front of a mirror at home. Anyway, my money would definitely have been on Milan in the shootout since Dida is just an amazingly athletic goalkeeper and his forte is reflex- and penalty saves. The way he saved Riise's penalty was impressive. I know Riise telegraphed the kick but getting to the post (diving past it in fact) was an amazing leap. Smicer wrong-footed Dida BEAUTIFULLY though.

Anyway, really fun game to watch and CONGRATULATIONS to all Liverpool fans...the European journey was something special that stands pretty much alone in the modern Liverpool era.

(BTW, I still think Man Utd's 2 goals in injury time - NOT extra time - were more dramatic but this was the best comeback ever [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

EDIT: Just opening a bit of a discussion with Liverpool fans here: having only 1 man up front might have been fine for a Cup competition but if Liverpool don't change their tactics up front (especially using more width) they're gonna struggle again in the Premiership next season. Opinions?
Old 05-26-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AC Milan will obviously crush Liverpool FC. 3-0. You saw it here first

[/ QUOTE ]

I was laughing thinking about this post at half-time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Half-time? What are you talking about? I watched all 45 minutes and saw my prediction was right on spot. I didn't wait to see Maldini raising the trophy, I played pokah on the internet (yes, you can do that!)

I'm the Oracle of Delphi!
Old 05-26-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: Just opening a bit of a discussion with Liverpool fans here: having only 1 man up front might have been fine for a Cup competition but if Liverpool don't change their tactics up front (especially using more width) they're gonna struggle again in the Premiership next season. Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

They wont struggle (that will be left to Sunderland and Wigan) but again they wont be competitive to win unless they buy a few more good players and even then it will take a couple of years, the gap from the top 3 into the second level of teams is large.

I dont think they should get into the champions league everyone knows the rules at the start of the season they didnt finish high enough to qualify and thats the end of it. The champions league is devalued enough with 4 teams from some countries without throwing in teams who finished their domestic league in 5th 37 points behind the champions (3 point for a win so that for our american friends is 12 wins and a draw behind over a 38 game season).
Old 05-26-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No it is football, a game where you predominately kick a ball with your foot. Unlike American advertbreakthrowball.

[/ QUOTE ]

my father, from brazil, always referred in all seriousness to the american game as hand-egg.