Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 11:30 AM

Default Re: results

Actually if you're gonna play this cheese out of the SB in this spot, you should checkraise the flop to see where you're at and try to eliminate the player inbetween. If the middle guy coldcalls, you're done with the hand. If you bet the turn and get raised, you're done with the hand. Did you call this in the SB cause you're slumming it or would you make this call in the SB (same scenario) at 80-160?

Jeff
Old 05-02-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: To Wynn half a pot--is it worth it?

[ QUOTE ]
It is clear that u only posted this hand because u came up with a clever post title. Anyone who hasnt realized this is clearly off their reads today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call this title clever - maybe GAY. Nice read though. Classic case of an author with a great title and no story.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually if you're gonna play this cheese out of the SB in this spot, .... would you make this call in the SB (same scenario) at 80-160?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Different hands have different values depending on the limits and the texture of the table. At these higher-low-stakes / low-mid-stakes games, you can oftentimes get 6-8 to a flop. That being the case ... why wouldn't you run suited Aces?

I don't know the person who raised or this spot in particular, but there are plenty of players that could've raised and you can profitably call in the SB with this holding, especially if you can properly play it once the flop hits.

That all said, given the call, I don't like how it was played. But I don't think the pre-flop call can be dismissed out of hand.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 05-02-2005, 03:53 PM

Just FOLD, why invest money in a hand that could be split at best if any other player decides to play A-x. Small blind hands like that get you in trouble.