Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: somebody please give me a clue

I think the range of hands to steal with is more situation and player dependent than stack dependent. Atleast enough so that a general rule like "tigther against big stacks and looser against small stacks" does not hold true.

While this may be true most of the time (I'm not sure if it is) there are many times when the opposite is true. I can think of situations where I would play tighter against a big stack and other situations where I would play looser.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:28 AM

I would close my eyes and push pre flop. If I was SB I probably would have tried a stop and go. He didn't do that and his bet on the turn looks funny, only 200 into a 900 pot. I'm not sure what this means. Weak bet after you checked the flop or trying to get you to call a small bet after you missed the flop. I think this is read dependant.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the range of hands to steal with is more situation and player dependent than stack dependent. Atleast enough so that a general rule like "tigther against big stacks and looser against small stacks" does not hold true.

While this may be true most of the time (I'm not sure if it is) there are many times when the opposite is true. I can think of situations where I would play tighter against a big stack and other situations where I would play looser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there are cases where it's the opposite. But on the bubble, more often than not, a looser range is required for stealing in the same possition with the same stack size against the short stack until the point at which he is willing to call with top50%.