Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 05:34 PM

Default honest question

I just recently started posting after lurking for 6 months. Here's my question - I am not afraid to play in any poker game regardless of stakes if I know it is entirely on the up and up. I have played in real cash games with a single Pot of $48,000 (I did not win it). I play in a weekly high stakes game. I know that Prahled is 'Mahatma' and 'Zewig', Bruiser is 'sillyhead28',etc. I would not be afraid to play against Prahled or Bruiser or anyone else if I thought it was just me, my skill, and luck against theirs' ( I am not saying I would win in that case however). My problem is that I always see the same people sitting at those high stakes tables and part of me feels that something is not entirely kosher. Are they playing together somehow, colluding, or just waiting for a 'fish' like me? Now I am not accusing Bruiser of this but I am just wondering if anyone else ever felt this way?
Old 04-05-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: honest question

Your feelings are understandable. You have to do the research yourself. You can observe the games, and then decide if it's legit or not.

OR, you can choose to only play HU. No chance of collusion there. Of course, if you think UB is rigged, then none of that applies and you shouldn't play.

Basically it's a personal decision you're gonna have to make and no one on this board can make it for you.

FWIW, numerous people that post here have played in that game. When I've played, I've never felt like I was being colluded against.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: honest question

Thank you for your honest opinion.