Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 03-30-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Borgata 20/40 Hand, Interesting Turn CR

[ QUOTE ]
great post, man!

[ QUOTE ]
That was a huge premise to my decision and I attempted to exert the maximum pressure in a large pot because I felt they would concede to that pressure.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is actually quite similar to how i play live and remember a few mirage hands to that extent.

basically, if you trusted your read, then you can nullify some shared calling and increase your overall equity by raising here...well done if your reads were correct. but be wary of basing future actions on this success...

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

I was making a very specific move with very specific reads with a very speficic position relative to the PF aggressor on a very specific board. I just wanted to be clear on this not being in any way a "standard" part of my play, and I was not haphazardly making a move to win a pot.

In fact, the key to this whole hand is my line of thinking was immensely clear and certain...which is normally how I am when I get AWAY from a game but difficult for me to reach when I am IN a game. I've been trying to learn how to achieve those moments of clarity and this hand from beginning to end felt like one.

I've already been asked if I was nervous or shaking or scared when I played this hand, and the truth of the matter is I was so confident in the move that I was as steady as it comes (normally I don't get phased by any hand anyway throughout its play). It was a great feeling to win the hand when it all came together from street to street and based on all the pieces I put together.

I'm sure I could have just gotten lucky, but I trusted my reads and went with it. Fortunately it worked out. And as you said, I don't want to and won't get blinded by the results, everything will be kept in perspective on this and future hands like it...although I don't anticipate many.