Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 02-06-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: A little help

Well, it was a crowd of defense contractors, creating things that kill people is their bread-and-butter.

Frank
Old 02-06-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: A little help

I hope it is....isnt that what most weapons systems are designed to do??
Old 02-06-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: please tell me that this is a joke

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Relax, man. They're just towelheads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

[/ QUOTE ]

i reeeeeeally hope you're joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Do you really care wheter or not I was joking or if I was serious? Look at it like a poker decision.
1) Most terrorists who want to kill Americans are towelheads. Let us assume that the ratio is 10 to 1.
2) The chances of killing a terrorist by killing a towelhead is greater than by killing a Scandanavian.
3) For every million towelheads we kill we eliminate 100,000 terrorists.
4) It only makes sense that for our own self survival that we go all-in.

Now I may be serious or not!
Old 02-06-2005, 01:41 PM

He is joking, but the degree of racism that attends to wars or "wars" is underestimated. We (and most countries and cultures) dehumanize and demonize our enemies. They become "gooks" or "japs" or "reds." They have little or no value for human life. Thus it becomes much easier to exterminate the brutes.
Old 02-06-2005, 04:19 PM

yes, i do care if you're joking or not. i was close to putting you on my 'whackjob' list- which currently has only one person on it (care to geuss who?).

as a poker descision it would still be -EV, i think for every million towelheads we kil we probably create more than 100k terrorists. i think we should bet as a semi bluff and then check-call (which is pretty much what we've done). even though i'm a liberal i know that we can't fold.

did i just say towelhead? i meant camel jockey. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

KIDDING!
Old 02-06-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as a poker descision it would still be -EV, i think for every million towelheads we kil we probably create more than 100k terrorists. i think we should bet as a semi bluff and then check-call (which is pretty much what we've done). even though i'm a liberal i know that we can't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could very well be correct about creating more terrorists by the very act of killing them. Fortunately like a bankroll the number of towelhead terrorists is finite. This means that if we do go all-in often enough we will have all the chips when the game ends. Look at it like Bill Gates (USA) playing N/L poker with Phil Helmuth (Terrorist) and they must either go all-in of fold preflop.. Phil may have a better hand most of the time but all Bill has to do is suck out once and poor Phil is broke. Same with the towelheads, when they are all gone with no more to kill they aren't likely to stage a Resurrection on Easter Sunday.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:26 PM

"Look at it like Bill Gates (USA) playing N/L poker with Phil Helmuth (Terrorist) and they must either go all-in of fold preflop.. Phil may have a better hand most of the time but all Bill has to do is suck out once and poor Phil is broke.

LMAO! nice choice in using helmuth. i don't want to base our forign policy on suckouts and our raw ability to do more killing, though. and if we all in every hand, they're just gonna wait for aces, the blinds are too small to win that way. (ok, i'll admit i'm streaching the metaphor a bit here here.)