Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 08:52 PM

Default PokerRoom Performance

I can 4-table on Party skins, run PokerTracker and PlayerView along with several IE windows without problems.

When I have PokerRoom open and am playing on 2 tables with PokerTracker (no PlayerView), I get a lot of delays. Task Manager shows it is the PokerRoom processes chewing up the CPU cycles. I've turned off the avatars and that helped a little but I'm still seeing lots of delays like:

1) I get the action buttons pre-flop before I see my cards
2) The pots sometimes get awarded to the other player before I see their cards and before any text pops up in the chat window saying what they won with.

Anyone else have performance issues with them or is it just a "glitch in the matrix" at my house? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

After quiting from PokerRoom, I was able to start up a Party skin and multi-table just fine so it didn't appear to be a general issue with my computer.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: PokerRoom Performance

I have limited experience at PR, but the software seems hit or miss to me. If I have problems in the first 20-30 minutes I know it wont be worth my time to fk around there, and move on. Some days it's buttah.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:01 AM

I almost always have problems 3tabling there. Severe enough to cost a lost pot or two and a few too many quick plays and terror. And then the disconnections....
Old 02-06-2005, 12:25 AM

The software is just very resource intensive. Nothing you can do except kill all other processes and live with it (seems to get worse as you play- a reboot every 1/2hrs seems to help). Note that a faster computer WILL help. I used to play pokerroom on a 1.7ghz Intel P4 Mobile laptop with 512MB of RAM and I got the slowdowns. I built myself a new box with Dual Athlon MP 1900+ and 4GB of DDR and the slowdowns are now gone, even when Pokertracker is doing its import (which was always the worst).