Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 04:02 PM

Default 3/6 Kill Game Flopped Trips

3/6 B&M, 3rd hand at the table. Villian has won the first two pots with some aggresive play, no showdowns yet. Table is 8 handed. Hero is in SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

PreFlop: 1 EP limper, a few folds, villian checks option, fold, Button limps, Hero Raises, All 3 call.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero Bets, Fold, Villian Raises, Fold, Hero 3-Bets, Villian Calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero Bets, Villian Raises, Hero Vomits and calls.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks and calls.

Who plays it differently and why? I'll post results later.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Kill Game Flopped Trips

If villian is aggressive he probably would have raised AK/KQ/KJ/JJ pre-flop. QT is still viable though.

I think you can 3-bet this turn and call down any further aggression. You figure to be ahead of some smaller kings still.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM

I think you really only have to worry about KJ/QT. I would think that you would get a cap on the flop with a KJ. So that would make that less likely.

I would think you might be looking at QT so I think that depending on what you thought of the guy you may or may not three bet the turn.

I actually like your line better. Because you wouldn't get much more info if you three bet the turn. If you got capped on the turn, then I would be upset.

I think you are going to see KT-K8 or so.

-Gryph
Old 12-06-2005, 04:26 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
If villian is aggressive he probably would have raised AK/KQ/KJ/JJ pre-flop. QT is still viable though.

I think you can 3-bet this turn and call down any further aggression. You figure to be ahead of some smaller kings still.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO KJo or KJs is still a viable option, as is Q10. usually it will be a weaker King.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:30 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

the thing that worries me is the fact that you raised preflop, representing a strong hand that would contain a King and villain seems to know that and with his turn raise indicate that he can beat trip Kings. for that reason i would play it the same postflop. your hand is fairly susceptible on the flop and turn.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:27 PM

Can I call the flop and c/r the turn, please?
Old 12-06-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Results

I can see a definite argument for a stop and go like you suggest, but the times he checks through the turn because he was raising to find out if I had a king cost me atleast 1BB. I still like keeping the pedal down better.

FWIW, he showed KTo and MHIG.

Thanks for all the advice.