Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 09:05 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Foxwoods 20-40 Hand, Turn Squeeze Play

[ QUOTE ]
20-40 at foxwoods standard lineup of borderline terrible players, most of the players in the game know i'm a pro, i play very TAG and rarely show down a losing hand. UTG (struggling to play breakeven poker imho) raises, i call in MP with AQo,

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading right here the first time. Then I saw your response that you don't want to explain why.

Fantastic! Why post this hand at all then?

Oh, wait...Congrats on the turn raise that bumped the guy out of the pot. There, feel better?

This is an easy ass 3 bet preflop. Especially with an offsuit hand.

b
Old 11-07-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
much of my profit in this game is outplaying postflop and a reraise to isolate is bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I get it. It's easier to outplay people postflop with terrible relative position in a multi-way pot, than it is heads up with position and the lead.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:40 PM

If you don't know the players well enough to know whether you should 3-bet or fold here, you need to learn more.

Also you should know enough that with the typical lineup (although since it's tourny time, the lineups aren't typical, which makes your post even more problematical) one cold call breeds more of them, but only the real fishies cold call 3.

I really can't think of any good reason to cold call here. And if I was at the table with you and saw you cold call, I wouldn't think of you as a pro.