Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: DrDizzOOM

i am the real "slim shady". dont know who the other guy was. wack job, whats your name on party? then we can sort this out. i am back from vacation now and will see all you on the table soon.

doc
Old 09-15-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Sincerity

lets be honest. most of you are not critical players. you take whatever you read or whatever strange notions you get in your head to be LAW. you DO NOT test any of it. you do not question. that is why your play is static and easy to read. you will never develop in poker or in life that way.

there are certain guidelines that help at the poker table. the main one being: pay attention to the current situation. that is always number one, not: how do i play AJo UTG. DanS, Drontier, aK13 , michael "pimp" davis, VarianceGod, all of you need to think about your play more than you do the rules you have learned from others.

so far this has been rather one sided seeing as you know who i am and i dont know who you are. if you want to PM me your name i can check stats and tell you how you did against me. otherwise be brave and say your name on the forum. be interesting to see what happens. look forward to hearing from you.

hope this post doesnt need to get edited, not that i should be compared to him but, did izmet ever get edited?

doc
Old 09-15-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Sincerity

[ QUOTE ]
lets be honest. most of you are not critical players. you take whatever you read or whatever strange notions you get in your head to be LAW. you DO NOT test any of it. you do not question. that is why your play is static and easy to read. you will never develop in poker or in life that way.

there are certain guidelines that help at the poker table. the main one being: pay attention to the current situation. that is always number one, not: how do i play AJo UTG. DanS, Drontier, aK13 , michael "pimp" davis, VarianceGod, all of you need to think about your play more than you do the rules you have learned from others.

so far this has been rather one sided seeing as you know who i am and i dont know who you are. if you want to PM me your name i can check stats and tell you how you did against me. otherwise be brave and say your name on the forum. be interesting to see what happens. look forward to hearing from you.

hope this post doesnt need to get edited, not that i should be compared to him but, did izmet ever get edited?

doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to see you posting here. I'm not sure about the rest of the players you're including, but I wouldn't add LMD (Michael Davis) to the mix. He's a fantastic player who really shouldn't be playing 5/10.

I've played against you quite a bit, and while it was honestly a bit harrowing while I was adjusting to the bigger stakes at 5/10, I didn't find you all that difficult to adjust to after a while. However, your style of play doesn't seem to be intended to beat up on players like me, and more to beat up on weaktighties (which there are a fair amount of) and the multitudes of horrible postflop players out there.

Anyway. Good to see you posting at 2+2, even if it is because you got suckered in by people making fun of your style of play.

PM me if you want my username; I'd be happy to compare notes.

Rob
Old 09-16-2005, 02:24 AM

yup, got him at 40/28 over 500+ hands. cant win much with those stats - in fact he lost $860 at my tables. i just made the reraise button my best friend for a while and it worked like a charm.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

doc

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem to know quite a bit. all i posted was you serious? and hes on my fish list. and you believe me and every one of those other players play by the book, dont test concepts out and just leech info from others? although, many would argue that the cheapest way to learn is to learn from others and I agree, I do not learn the easy way; I learn the hard way. There is a lot of math involved and there is a reason people say why some things are the way they are. I sit down in sessions thinking im gonna LAG this up, or TAG this up when I feel like one of those aspects of me needs training. You make many assumptions in that me and the other players here dont have a mind of our own. That in itself almost proves you inferior. All I said was, "hey man, you suck" and I still agree.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so very dead-on true about this forum.

Good post.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:25 AM

You're not listening to what he was saying, and you're taking it personally. It wasn't intended to be personal towards you, he might not have even read your post.

Of course it's true that he might have just been right by accident. But regardless of that, he is still correct.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:12 AM

thanks einbert. maybe we can start posting on some more serious topics. i havent really been interested in this forum before but it seems from some of the "pm"s i have received that there are some thinking people on here. look forward to some interesing exchanges.

doc
Old 09-16-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Re: DrDizzOOM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is this 10/20? considering i've never seen him, i'm guessing it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only seen him at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw him at the 3/6 tonight. I don't understand why others in this thread are so critical of him.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:21 AM

now i dont know you, you know that. so take a breath and remember you dont know me either. lets try to be productive.

it never matters if you think someone "sucks." that will not help your game. ever. now, why they suck is another thing. you said that you play LAG or TAG when you need to work on that. from the way you say it you lead me to believe that you dont do that. i wont explain why, you know if you do or not so it doesnt matter. but try this, play one 3 6 sh table. keep your vpip up at 50 or over and your pfr at 30. now watch what happens. i dont think you will get the same effect if you play lower so thats probably the cheapest place. people adjust. you too. your post flop play changes. there are new angles to play there. new places to make money. there really are. that may help your game if you learn WHY it is like that. good luck.

doc