Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Convince me to buy SNGPT

Donk, buying a program wont make u a winning player, u actually need to learn how to use it. I made up that number out of nowehere, after all the point of this thread is to convince the OP to buy the thing.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:38 PM

The one part that bothers me is the ability to quantify opponents calling ranges on the endgame? This range becomes very difficult to quantify by the time the blinds hit cazillion/megacazillion that placing people on calling ranges has such a huge variance I would have a difficult believing the output when you are only seeing minute +EV percentages. I realize that so many utilize it that it must have merit and I am giving it a shot, but is it the tool or the players using it have such a good understanding of the game already that tool is merely a placebo?
Old 12-14-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one part that bothers me is the ability to quantify opponents calling ranges on the endgame? This range becomes very difficult to quantify by the time the blinds hit cazillion/megacazillion that placing people on calling ranges has such a huge variance I would have a difficult believing the output when you are only seeing minute +EV percentages. I realize that so many utilize it that it must have merit and I am giving it a shot, but is it the tool or the players using it have such a good understanding of the game already that tool is merely a placebo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you knew an opponent's push and call ranges, would you know exactly what hands are +EV against that range off the top of your head after taking into account position, chipstacks, blinds, and number of players left? If you didn't know ICM, you would be guessing 90% of the time. If you didn't have SNGPT, you would be doing ICM longhand to find out.

Whenever I'm going over hands, I punch in what I believe to be an accurate range first and then I test several other ranges as well anyways. Try to get a feel for how different hands play versus different opponents and then apply your knowledge at the tables.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because eastbay is a nice guy and giving him your money is the second best thing you could do with it.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is it easy to use? Can I just import HH's and it will tell me all the areas I did well/poorly in?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
My version is missing this feature.