Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: How bad is variance?

Most of this has been covered but I will say, if you're aware enough to know that 2+2 exists then you're good enough not to want to buy into NL25 games shortstacked.

If you don't want to commit $500 just take $100 and play 0.05/0.10 at one of the prima sites. You can bonus whore around to get that cushion you need.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of this has been covered but I will say, if you're aware enough to know that 2+2 exists then you're good enough not to want to buy into NL25 games shortstacked.

If you don't want to commit $500 just take $100 and play 0.05/0.10 at one of the prima sites. You can bonus whore around to get that cushion you need.

[/ QUOTE ]

UB also has .05/.10 NL. And great bonuses and rakeback.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. I see a lot of people trying this strategy and any good player exploits its short commings. BUT, I don't too many players apply the pressure. THe Short commings like with a $5 buy-in it is hard to call a $2 raise with a hand that needs help, like KQs-AQ. My dad taught me if you can't afford to leave a good tip, you can't afford to go out to eat. If you can't afford the buy-in, can't afford to "play". If you are playing a table with 1/5 the buy-in you are not playing poker, your playing bingo......Buy-in does not need to be the max of the table but it should be at least the average stack at the table when you sit down.