Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 01:55 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Nintendo DS: Friend Codes

[ QUOTE ]
you really don't have to do much setting up if you have a wireless router or are in a hotspot.

[/ QUOTE ]

except it won't work if you use decent encryption
Old 12-09-2005, 02:03 AM

can't it do 64-bit ascii/hex? g00t enough for me.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so nobodys playing animal crossing.. too cutesy i suppose? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Gamecube version of AC totally altered my life. I actually woke up earlier than I do for work to play it a few times when I need to show up at the town square for the internal clock once-a-year calendar events.

I do not need that again. (Plus it doesn't seem that different and they took the NES games out of it {boo}).

[/ QUOTE ]

the only real change about it is that there's more interaction between players. Its all good about the NES games, when the revolution comes out, you'll be able to play NES and SNES downloads on it.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:14 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

wep is completely useless. it can be broken automatically, in minutes.

my gf plays stuff like animal crossing and harvest moon, i'll get to see animal crossing ds through that. i have nintendogs and i've spent a total of maybe 10 minutes with it though, doesn't interest me but i can see the value.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so nobodys playing animal crossing.. too cutesy i suppose? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The Gamecube version of AC totally altered my life. I actually woke up earlier than I do for work to play it a few times when I need to show up at the town square for the internal clock once-a-year calendar events.

I do not need that again. (Plus it doesn't seem that different and they took the NES games out of it {boo}).

[/ QUOTE ]

i never played the GC version of animal crossing. The reason i wanted to try this game was because i used to waste way too much time playing harvest moon (the snes/n64 versions, didnt like the cube version very much.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

my gf plays stuff like animal crossing and harvest moon, i'll get to see animal crossing ds through that. i have nintendogs and i've spent a total of maybe 10 minutes with it though, doesn't interest me but i can see the value.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the encryption was a bit of an issue at my apartment. Two of us have a DS, and want to use our router as an access point.

To help, we have explicitly listed the MAC addys that are allowed to connect to the router to help with this. As well as stopped broadcasting the connection. How big of a problem do you think it would be after this? We decided it was good enough. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 03:24 AM

if anybody wants to break into it they will still be able to, even with mac filters and no ssid broadcast. macs can be spoofed and networks are still broadcast even if they don't make standard advertisements.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:24 PM

damn... guess the best option would be to try to break into someone elses connection, and just use that to connect [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]