Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Push?

I tend to agree with mantis on this one hockey. You've been pushing the table around with your huge stack. If I'm one of your opponents, I'm going to look for exactly this kind of hand to get my chips in with, and I'd play it just like he did - lure you into feeling like you can steal my raise and then pounce with what I have left.

99 is not strong enough for this situation. Fold or call and hope for a set. If you call - I'm gonna check/raise (or minibet/raise) you on the flop - so tread lightly.

Something that I find curious, is that you asked for comments and then proceeded to tell Mantis that he was wrong. If you're going to completly dismiss opinions that you disagree with, why did you bother to ask? I'm not saying that everyone (including myself) who replies to questions is right, but to flat out say that he is wrong is telling the rest of us that you don't want to hear our opinions if we don't agree with you. You won't learn much that way.