Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Was This A Good or Bad Gigabet-Wannabe Play?

Don't flatter yourself. I was well aware my 43o wasn't ahead. But if you run numbers and give them something like AJ and AQ, I suddenly have the equity to make that call.

Unfortunately for me, one of them had an overpair.

And I "figured" I'm one of the Top 3 out of the 80 left because I'm a cocky SOB. Why does cockiness put people on the defensive so much?! Is it THAT out of the question that a player who has SEVERAL final tables in small touranments like this dares say that he might be one of the Top 3 best players out of the 80 left?!?! I think not.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:47 AM

i'm astounded that you can place yourself in the top 3 by making a play like this. ridiculously bad
Old 09-06-2005, 01:51 AM

Just wondering if you can back up that statement.

Cockyness isn't bad just can get you into trouble if miss placed.

I ran the numbers vs 2 random hands and you lose 80% of the time. If they share an A yes your Equity goes up. But I think their range is larger than just Ax don't you?

Either way you made a play and got beat. If you hit you're in great shape missing doesn't kill you just makes it harder.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:55 AM

Wow, gigabet's posts were definatly +EV if he is getting people to make plays THIS bad out of misunderstanding his logic. The "I'm one of the Top 3 best players left in the tournament" just amplified the comic value and added some irony in the mix. Maybe you will get some action on your next hands because everyone paying attention will have jotted down (insert word here) on player notes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm just being honestly brutal like you asked man, you pretty much just threw away a big chunk of your stack without ANY -good- logical reason. I mean if your holding wasn't in the bottom 10% of hands maybe it would be slightly different. The chance one has an overpair to 4/3 is huge. It wasnt even suited! Disgusting.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Either way you made a play and got beat. If you hit you're in great shape missing doesn't kill you just makes it harder.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes. I'm going to take this shred of positivism and move on. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I made a play, it was a pretty horrible one, but I learned something from it. Worth it.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:19 AM

I read your original post and vomited all over my keyboard. Thanks a lot.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a play, it was a pretty horrible one, but I learned something from it. Worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what's important here. It was a bad play, and whether you are or aren't one of the best players left in the tourney is irrelevant, you just can't afford to dump chips like this EVER! But you learned something from it and hopefully it has improved your game
Old 09-06-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you run numbers and give them something like AJ and AQ, I suddenly have the equity to make that call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your math is wrong. You need 29% pot equity to make this call neutral, let alone +EV. Against two RANDOM hands you only have about 23% pot equity. Against any normal range of all-in hands you have even less.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't flatter yourself. I was well aware my 43o wasn't ahead. But if you run numbers and give them something like AJ and AQ, I suddenly have the equity to make that call.

[/ QUOTE ]

brutally honest???? u are a moran!!!! your equity figures are wrong EVEN IF you figure those hands but figure in AA-99 or even AA-JJ. You are such a moran!!!!!!!!!! WTF are you thinking let alone coming to this forum saying you were one of the best 3 left in the tournament and saying you think this was a correct call???? OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd say with that move you were the donk of the tournament.

Brutally Honest!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

The worst is i've seen you giving advice recently on this forum like you know what you are talking about. I am soooo sorry for anyone who listened. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 04:13 AM

gigabet???? yeah sure you biter!!!!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]