Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Nazism? Abuse of power on the WPT Forum!

Dynasty is the name of the Forum Moderator for the World Poker Tour Forum. He was given or offered or volunteered for the position. I don't know which. Smoothcall is a regular poster on the WPT forum. Dynasty does not like him. I mean that Dynasty does not like him.

Dynasty is the forum moderator. Apparently Dynasty believes that means that if he doesn't like a particular poster he can ban him from the 2 + 2 at his own discretion. I am going to tell you how it came about that Smoothcall was banned from posting on 2 + 2. You be the judge of the fairness and kind of person this Dynasty is and the policies of this forum.

Dynasty enforces the no off topic threads on the WPT forum very vigorously. A couple of days ago I started a thread entitled "A moderator's job is to encourage not discourage participation.' Dynasty locked it immediately and informed me that this was a WPT forum and there was no place for my thread. He was right and I apologized for beginning the thread.

Before I go further let me say that there is some history between Smoothcall and Dynasty. Smoothcall has said things to Dynasty that were kind of rude. Dynasty has replied in kind. The difference between these two people is that Smoothcall apologized and Dynasty banned him from 2 + 2. Not only the WPT forum, from all of 2 + 2.

This thread appeared yesterday on the WPT forum.

Attn: Gavin Griffin

"Where's my $15? I have a cig hanging out of my mouth and I need something to light it with."

It was Posted by a guy that regulary makes idiotic posts on this forum. It was not locked and is still not locked.

Two days before Dynasty locked a thread began by Smoothcall because he claimed a Flame war was going on. Later after complaints from his buddies he unlocked it. Smoothcall asked in this Griffin thread where was Dynasty with regards to this off topic thread. Dynasty Banned him for his question. He said he was trolling and used that as an excuse to get him off of the forum.

Has 2 + 2 sunk so low as to condone a Nazi approach to moderating these forums. Dynasty should be banned and the Sklansky's and Malmuth should not allow this kind of thing to ever occur again. I find this particularly despicable because Smoothcall is a friend of mine. You might call me bias and you would be right. But I'm certain that if and when the Nazi, Dynasty, decides to reply you will find I have stated the facts as they occurred.

Vince
Old 07-22-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Nazism? Abuse of power on the WPT Forum!

Hello, Don Quixote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:13 PM

As much as an ass I may or may not think you are sir, you are correct..you cannot have mods that use there powers for personal reasons, or in blatently abusive ways. This being said, Its clear that your fighting an up hill battle being that your name isnt green.....good luck.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:15 PM

You do realize the other guy was banned too right? Nice that you left that part out of your rant.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you will find I have stated the facts as they occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this to be untrue, because Dynasty and I have never been buddies (have barely ever spoken to him), and I never made a complaint about the thread being locked.

My PM to him was just a question about my own actions. According to what he said publicly, my PM influenced him to go back and read through the thread a bit more thoroughly.

Link

I will have nothing further to say about this.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:18 PM

Godwins law comes into play here.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:23 PM

Once again you have used leaps in logic and exaggertions to make an absurd point that no one cares about. I don't have time to go blow-by-blow right now but I will start with the most obvious ones:

[ QUOTE ]
where was Dynasty with regards to this off topic thread

[/ QUOTE ]
This thread is re: multiple 2+2-ers backing a person who has appeared on ESPN (read: TV) for this year's WSOP. Doesn't sound very off-topic to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty Banned him for his question.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not quite. He was only suspended for two days after he totally flooded the with trolling nonsense. Doesn't seem like a big deal either. He will be able to resume doing whatever he wants to do as of Monday.

The sooner that both you and Smoothcall:
1) realize that most people don't care as much about all of this as you do
2) stop making posts like this one and the ones in the "off-topic" thread...

...things will be a lot better.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:27 PM

Don't feel too bad Vince, I'm banned too. Although unlike you, I simply PMed Dynasty to tell him how stupid it was rather than posting it for the whole forum to see.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:33 PM

So, 2+2 is that addicting. You can't make it through a 2 day suspension. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2005, 03:37 PM

To suggest that Dynasty banned Smoothcall because of anything person ignores the fact that Smoothcall has been trolling the forums (along with you, Vince) for months.

I think Dynasty is going a great job, and that his only fault is that Smoothcall and you aren't both perma banned.
Closed Thread