Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 08:20 PM

Default flopping the nut straight

Was there any other way to play this hand or was this a bad beat? Should I have checked to the preflop raiser, then called when he bet out, and hoped to check raise on the turn?

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: is with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Fathomer1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, Fathomer1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Fathomer1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Fathomer1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Fathomer1 calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Fathomer1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Fathomer1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (20.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Fathomer1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fathomer1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Fathomer1 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
doesn't show.
MP3 has Ac Ad (two pair, aces and tens).
CO has Jc Ts (full house, tens full of jacks).
Outcome: CO wins 32.50 BB. </font>
Old 12-03-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: flopping the nut straight

On the river it is more likely you are tied or beat than tied or winning. Bet call, three betting is way too much.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:27 PM

Don't post results. Fold preflop in this position. I'm not sure if I 3bet once the board pairs. Other than that, nothing you can do.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:27 PM

check raise/cap flop.
bet/raise/cap turn.
when CO wakes up on that board pairing ten, don't 3-bet.
if you're ahead you may get MP3's overcall.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:31 PM

(Haven't looked at the results.)

Ugh. Dude, he capped the flop. That means he's got 2-pair or a set, oh, 99.44% of the time. You're good up until the board pairs, then you have to just check/call.

(Looked at the results.)

Ugh, again. He overplayed his hand on the flop, but beyond that I don't hate it.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:47 PM

All CO did was call. MP3 capped the flop.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:52 PM

*grunch*
looks good to me; on the river trip T's are more likely than a boat for your aggressive opponents so I think the way you played it is ok... now to read the results [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All CO did was call. MP3 capped the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

True...I misread the action...that said, however, I stand by my statement, CO overplayed his hand on the flop.

(Edit: do you see why? Hint: it's the same reason Hero should have just called the raise on the river.)
Old 12-03-2005, 09:28 PM

Grunch

Without reads, fold PF. 89 suited is best for one bet PF. Unless a large portion of pots are not raised PF, I would avoid playing this early.

Flop and turn look good. I check/call river
Old 12-03-2005, 09:43 PM

I guess those other two guys don't see straights. Either that or they don't believe any one would limp UTG with 98 (suited or otherwise). I guess hero doesn't see boats. Either that or he doesn't believe that anyone would cold call with JT (suited or otherwise) in late position.

The 3-bet is a bit much on the river but otherwise nice hand. Posting results sucks and leads to wise-azz posts. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]