Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: College pole Top 10

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be surprised if UGA finished the year inside the top 15. They're very very very overrated right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're a lot like Ohio State was when they won the national chamnpionship. Not saying UGA is anywhere close to being the number 1 team, but we have a very average offense and a very good defense.

The game against Tennessee will be a barometer for where UGA is. If we get rammed, then I definitely agree we have no place in the top 20.

However, if we DO beat UT, we're definitely capable of beating the other teams. I've said all along that I think UGA is going to lose two games and probably finish like #12, but anything better than that is going to be awesome.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:31 PM

1. Texas
2. USC
3. Va Tech
4. Ohio St.
5. Georgia
6. Alabama
7. California
8. Notre Dame
9. Penn State
10. Arizona State.

Yeah, I said it, USC is not number 1. Sure, they have won 100000 straight games, and make awesome comebacks, but one of these weeks something is going to go wrong. Their defense is beat to hell too.

Texas has won the biggest game of the year on the road, so they get the nod at number one, even though I think any of the top 3 (+ OSU, but they lost) teams could be number one.

No FSU (barely beat UM), no Miami (lost to UM), no Tennessee (overrated).

Penn State IMO is UNDERRATED for the first time ever, but we'll see when they play OSU soon. And Arizona State should be 5-0, if Katrina doesn't hit Louisina, and if they could knock balls down instead of tipping them to USC players.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Texas
2. USC
3. Va Tech
4. Ohio St.
5. Georgia
6. Alabama
7. California
8. Notre Dame
9. Penn State
10. Arizona State.

Yeah, I said it, USC is not number 1. Sure, they have won 100000 straight games, and make awesome comebacks, but one of these weeks something is going to go wrong. Their defense is beat to hell too.

Texas has won the biggest game of the year on the road, so they get the nod at number one, even though I think any of the top 3 (+ OSU, but they lost) teams could be number one.

No FSU (barely beat UM), no Miami (lost to UM), no Tennessee (overrated).

Penn State IMO is UNDERRATED for the first time ever, but we'll see when they play OSU soon. And Arizona State should be 5-0, if Katrina doesn't hit Louisina, and if they could knock balls down instead of tipping them to USC players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I love you. In a completely non-homosexual sort of way.

Also, nobody aired the PSU/Minny game yesterday. I was so pissed that I missed it. That's OK, kyro's going to Beaver Stadium next week. Win or lose, it will be the greatest sporting event I have ever attended, for sur.e
Old 10-02-2005, 09:26 PM

kryo,

the game yesterday was amazing. a complete ass-kicking. i couldn't turn away from the tv.

i'm going up to state college on thurs. i have to decide if i'm going into the game or not with tickets now going for $150ish.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kryo,

the game yesterday was amazing. a complete ass-kicking. i couldn't turn away from the tv.

i'm going up to state college on thurs. i have to decide if i'm going into the game or not with tickets now going for $150ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

A floormate from last year is selling me his for $20. This will be awesome. I'm getting hard just thinking about it. My girlfriend goes there still (haven't seen her since August) and of course all my friends from last year. This will easily be the best weekend of my life, win or lose.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Penn State IMO is UNDERRATED for the first time ever, but we'll see when they play OSU soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

PSU might be the Buckeye's toughest game of the season. I can't believe they're still underrated after the way they handled Minnesota (a game I won a bunch of money, I might add [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])
Old 10-03-2005, 02:03 AM

I'll show you a top college pole.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll show you a top college pole.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the best response by far.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Penn State IMO is UNDERRATED for the first time ever, but we'll see when they play OSU soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

PSU might be the Buckeye's toughest game of the season. I can't believe they're still underrated after the way they handled Minnesota (a game I won a bunch of money, I might add [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

The Buckeyes toughest game of the season will be in Ann Arbor as it is every year. Going into Michigan is one of the toughest places to play, and the fact that it is OSU UM makes it even more so.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just a general observation that there's no excuse for any top 10 to exclude Notre Dame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I debated between putting them or Cal at #10. There victory yesterday was impressive, but their loss to MSU was disappointing and Pitt/UM were both vastly overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

They've played by far the most difficult schedule in D-I YTD, most of those were on the freaking road in difficult venues, and their only loss came in OT. If their schedule and record against it isn't worthy of recognition, no one's is and teams may as well just schedule like Nebraska.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think ND's schedule YTD has been tougher than Tenn's? Tenn played at UF (ranked in the top 5 at the time) and at LSU (ranked in the top 5 at the time).