Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 11:33 AM

Default King yao\'s book online

anyone get a copy of king yao's book online?
my friend sent it to me..haven't really looked at it..wonder how much of a difference it is from the print edition.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: King yao\'s book online

[ QUOTE ]
anyone get a copy of king yao's book online?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I am working on my own book - it's called "Weighing the Odds that King Yao Won't See This Thread and Tear you a New..." and that's all I've got so far; I'm still working on the title.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:08 PM

seriously, this book is so good, well worth the $25. I hope this isn't true or widespread.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:36 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Is the OP talking about hte whole book, or just the sample chapters Yao posted on his website?
Old 09-09-2005, 02:53 PM

or maybe he's talking about hold'em brain that king yao posted on (i believe) rgp for feedback?
Old 09-09-2005, 03:42 PM

It's gross that someone would even consider posting about stealing a book in a forum ran by a company that makes it's money off publishing.

All this thread is going to do is make people that otherwise may have purchased this book go out and try and steal it.

If it were up to me you'd be banned.

Love always,
Twitch
Old 09-09-2005, 03:43 PM

Maybe you shouldn't cheat King Yao out of book money. Seriously, how could anyone do that to a guy with a name like King Yao? Shame on you! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 04:14 PM

What's even worse it that King Yao is a regular contributor here and that he posts good content.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re:Stealing

if you really obtained an authorized copy of the book that is theft. it is copy-wriiten material, and his work product. do you want people stealing your work product, or not paying you for whatever it is you do? books, movies, music, etc., all have creators. many creators have families. they work just like the rest of us. people think they are just downloading something some big company produces, in fact they are talking money from the creator (who usually is not a wealthy person). no matter what it is morally wrong, and illegal.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re:Stealing

Good luck with your heavy-handed anti-piracy speech on the net, sir. All the stats show that you're likely to be very successful.

I'm not an advocate for breaking intellectual property law, but I am an advocate for accepting the nature of reality.

When you create a copyrighted work, you have to realize it is subject to duplication, especially now. The best you can do is take efforts to minimize unlawful duplication. Given a work with any popularity amongst scanner-using internet goers, it will find itself on the net.

One common definition of morality is what is accepted by the majority in a society. The majority of the society of internet goers have illegally traded copyrighted works so it's hard to make the case that such exchanges are immoral. They are clearly illegal.

The strongest part of your argument in terms of being effective is the focus of King Yao being a little guy. Some supporting data in that regard would be helpful and could actually help him. I think your heavy-handed, nearly apopleptic preaching probably will not.
Closed Thread