Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Mac: Virtual PC compatibility w/ Tiger?

Hi,
I read at http://www.poker-mac.com/ that there are VPC compatibility issues with Mac OS X Tiger, and that MS was working on it. Have they been resolved? Microsoft says:[ QUOTE ]
Virtual PC 7.0.2 is compatible with Tiger.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm seriously contemplating switching to an iMac G5 and running Party Poker using VPC - anybody been down this road lately? I read somewhere VPC requires lots of memory - I wonder what a reasonable minimum be for a G5, considering I might want to multi-table and run pokertracker simultaneously. I know, I could just have a PC for PartyPoker, but I'm also trying to reduce the quantity of hardware on my desk.

Thanks for any guidance,
Pasta
Old 08-12-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Mac: Virtual PC compatibility w/ Tiger?

Pastabatman,

Wow - I've never been quoted before. I don't have an answer for you. I can tell you that I was using VPC 6.0 on a PB G4 Al successfully, but this was single tabling Party Poker without PokerTracker or any other apps running in conjunction with PP.

I like the G5 option myself -- I hope someone out there has experience with the G5 and VPC 7.02.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:39 PM

Buy a PC. I am a Mac user myself and spent the better part of last year playing poker using VPC and Panther and it was a huge pain. I'm running a 1.25GHz PowerBook G4 and it's still too slow if you want to use other software along with your poker client such as PE, PT, GT+, PV, etc. You can get a cheap laptop for $500 and it will run circles around VPC. With that said, VPC 7.02 does run on Tiger. I use VPC to run PE remotely since I don't have a second PC and that works well.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:43 AM

Dual 2Ghz G5, 4GB RAM, and a cheapo pc 'cos VPC sucks for everyday use.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:29 AM

Thanks guys, I guess it's a cheap PC then (gotta replace this crappy laptop), unless I hear of some VPC/Imac G5 sucess stories. Still going Mac for everything else. I just wish the iMac accepted a 2nd video input. Maybe I'll just get the Mac Mini.

Pasta