Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Nasty NL book rumors

in a recent post on this forum entitled something like, ī"good no limit cash game books" someone said that harrington and robertie were writing a NL cash game book. That would seem like direct competition for sklansky millerīs book thatīs supposed to come out soon. Could Someone please gimme the straight dope on whether this is true (iīm pretty sure itīs not) and, more importantly, does anyone really know the release date for the sklansky miller book. I mean if itīs coming out in september it seems pretty ridiculous for two plus two to have said so little about it in the recent past.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Nasty NL book rumors

Ed recently posted that is was NOT comming out in September but did not specify when the it would be released...
Old 08-08-2005, 04:35 PM

Hi dorf:

Harrington and Robertie are not doing a cash game book as far as I know. The Sklansky/Miller book is expected by the end of the year but that date is flexible.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 08-08-2005, 04:44 PM

Thanks mason. the introduction of NL cash games is killing my limit action at my local b&m and iīm anxious to get into the nl games but wouldnīt mind a little help first. cheers
dorf
Old 08-08-2005, 05:38 PM

<<the introduction of NL cash games is killing my limit action at my local b&m>>

just curious, of all the hold em games at your B+M.. what is the count for each: limit & NL??

in San Francisco recently at 'Lucky Chances', while I was waiting I counted 9 NL games and 16 limit games...

btw, 1-1-2 NL with $4 bring-in is 8 of 9 tables... wildly popular game...
Old 08-08-2005, 05:48 PM

most of the time itīs one nl game to 6-9 limit games but itīs gotten as high as four nl games. itīs a 5-5 blinds with a 200 dollar min max buy in. killing the other games.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed recently posted that is was NOT comming out in September but did not specify when the it would be released...

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, the book is going to blow people away. I have utter confidence that there will be no "competitive" book coming out before or within six months afterward in the same way no book as even close to touched Theory of Poker. And the only way a "competitive" book would come out after six months is if a very smart person read it and tried to adapt and extend upon it.

Just a little Sklansky-esque bravado to whet your appetite.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are pure evil. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Can't wait.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, the book is going to blow people away. I have utter confidence that there will be no "competitive" book coming out before or within six months afterward

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Ed,

A quick question.

To what game level will the book be aimed?

For instance I would say that alot of SSHE could be applied from microlimits right upto some of the higher full ring online games.

Will that be the case in the NL book?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, the book is going to blow people away. I have utter confidence that there will be no "competitive" book coming out before or within six months afterward in the same way no book as even close to touched Theory of Poker. And the only way a "competitive" book would come out after six months is if a very smart person read it and tried to adapt and extend upon it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You [censored] tease.

My heart, she is on fire with desire for this book.