Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: -722BBs over ~90k hands(LC)

Over my last 100K hands I am 25/17 winning ~1.8/100. I suggest you tighten up PF until you get your mojo back.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But here is a thought, Schnieds ran 21/16 during his 60K in 60 day challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you have a link to his stats for the challenge? Just wondering what vpip/pfr is for each position.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Back to your VPIP and pfr- cut it down. Yes a player can win with these stats, but it doesn't look like you can right now. I can name you several winning 10/20 players who have tried a 28-30/20-23 style only to return to a more conventional 25/17 type of game- there's no shame (well not much) in playing fewer hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please work on your reading comprehension.

HE IS PLAYING 22/17 IN 6 PLAYER GAMES

[/ QUOTE ]

He says yup. And that he plays a lot of HU and 3 handed. The truth is he doesn't know. DCW try filtering for 5-6 and posting your stats. And leave tables when they become 3 handed.

Krishan
Old 11-11-2005, 12:10 PM

Krishan's advice is by far the best in this thread.

I'm fairly new to 6max myself and I go look for other tables whenever my table gets 4handed or below.

I've done some reviewing for a few SSH full ring players I know. Everytime I tell them to get the heck out of there whenever their table gets 6handed or below they make tons of mistakes and aren't ready for this game at all. this may or may not be a problem in your play but it's definately something I would look into.

also consider the fact that a lag with 50/20/2 stats will start playing more optimal as the table get below 6 handed.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Krishan's advice is by far the best in this thread.

I'm fairly new to 6max myself and I go look for other tables whenever my table gets 4handed or below.

I've done some reviewing for a few SSH full ring players I know. Everytime I tell them to get the heck out of there whenever their table gets 6handed or below they make tons of mistakes and aren't ready for this game at all. this may or may not be a problem in your play but it's definately something I would look into.

also consider the fact that a lag with 50/20/2 stats will start playing more optimal as the table get below 6 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truthfully I have 300K hands of shorthand poker and I NEVER play HU when a table falls apart. I rarely play 3 handed. I make decent money though without ultra short poker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Krishan
Old 11-11-2005, 02:05 PM

I'll second stinky here. For a while I was playing a fair amount of 3 and 4 handed at the 5/10 level. It's enjoyable. Lately, I've been playing only 4-6 (mostly 5 and 6).

When DCW started this thread, it made me visit my own stats, which were similar (slightly tighter, 1% less PFR, and much better in the blinds, though).. I filtered the stats for 6 and I'm 21.5/15.8. Upon further investigation, I realized I lost a fair amount of cash playing HU and 3-handed. Partly the rake, partly it's so volatile.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Back to your VPIP and pfr- cut it down. Yes a player can win with these stats, but it doesn't look like you can right now. I can name you several winning 10/20 players who have tried a 28-30/20-23 style only to return to a more conventional 25/17 type of game- there's no shame (well not much) in playing fewer hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please work on your reading comprehension.

HE IS PLAYING 22/17 IN 6 PLAYER GAMES

[/ QUOTE ]

He says yup. And that he plays a lot of HU and 3 handed. The truth is he doesn't know. DCW try filtering for 5-6 and posting your stats. And leave tables when they become 3 handed.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

With the 5-6 player filter on - it turns out about half of my hands were played with 5-6 players. I am 24/18.

As for the gains/losses - Its a small sample size since only the recent 25k hands represents my current playstyle, so it seems pretty irrelevant. But for the record. of the 300BBs I lost, 230 of them were from 5-6handed. This accounts for 15k of the 27k hands I am looking at.

I consider myself fairly good at heads up and very short handed. The people on the site I play (its a small site so the regulars know eachother) for the most part will not play HU against me. There is only 1 regular who will go toe to toe with me, and I have started to sit out against him...if I have an edge, it is too small to be worth the variance.

Maybe these people just dont like to play HU, but I think the fact that thwy refuse to post HU against me means something.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

With the 5-6 player filter on - it turns out about half of my hands were played with 5-6 players. I am 24/18.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tighten up. But I don't think it's a massive problem. But you should still righten up a point or two.

Krishan
Old 11-11-2005, 02:53 PM

So you play at another site than the standard party...

How about table/seat selection.? I'm givin this a lot of focus and I'd rather play only one table thats suits me instead of 4 or more tables that includes loads of tags. Maybe the hourly winrate is the same but the swings won't be if you play against other good competetion.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you play at another site than the standard party...

How about table/seat selection.? I'm givin this a lot of focus and I'd rather play only one table thats suits me instead of 4 or more tables that includes loads of tags. Maybe the hourly winrate is the same but the swings won't be if you play against other good competetion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on AP. Mostly just during their peak hours. Table selection is pretty thin. Usually between 5 and 10 tables to choose from...for the most part I think i'm sitting at the most profitable 3 that I can. Still, the selection is pretty slim.

I'm not sure what the stats are like on party, but here are my average player stats.

VPIP - 34.50
PFR - 15.45

Avg pot - 54.64

It doesnt seem that much lower. Aside from the 10-15 regular players, there seems to be a pretty good mix of exploitable fish. Not as many as party, im sure. But enough to be profitable.