Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Fold 7th?

Had a horrible day yesterday, after going over my hands I came to the conclusion that I was paying off too often when I was obviously beat, unfortunately by the time I was obviously beat in the first hand I had picked up the open ended straight draw, but I feel like a call on the river is a waste of a bet. Buried/split pairs are by far my biggest losers in this game, I just can't seem to get rid of them when I need to. Second hand the Ks 5s opponent is fairly solid, but I think he might have a wide range of hands, knowing that the other opponent is not, so he could have As 2s, buried Kings or rolled 5s.

Site: PartyPoker
2/4 7 Card Stud/8 -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____brings-in_____folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____completes
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls

Fourth Street
Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____bets_____calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____raises
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____checks_____folds

Fifth Street
Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____bets_____calls

Sixth Street
Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls

River
Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____checks_____?

Site: PartyPoker
2/4 7 Card Stud/8 -- Hand Converter

Third Street
Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____brings-in
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____folds

Fourth Street
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____calls_____calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]_____bets_____raises_____calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____raises_____raises

Fifth Street
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]_____calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]_____calls

Sixth Street
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____checks_____calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx _____bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____checks_____calls

River
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx _____checks_____folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx _____bets
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]_____checks_____Throws his mouse at the monitor and ?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Fold 7th?

Hand 1: Check-call 5th. You are a clear underdag on average and almost never a big favorite. On 7th your aces need to take the high side 1/6 of the time. If he hade a made 7-low or a pair with a 2/5/7 on fifth, you now win only if he has exactly (A5) AND missed on 7th. If he would play (A8) or (85) like this it might be close, but he probably doesn't play those hands like this. It looks like a good fold to me.

Hand 2: Fold again. The solid player won't bluff two players like this, especially considering one of them is a fish.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Fold 7th?

Horrible day is right (not trying to be mean). But, we all go through days like this where we just don't see the cards right and we draw to hands we shouldn't. So, with that...it's off to the hands...eventhough I think you know what you did wrong...

Hand 1: First mistake was completing the bet. A call would probably have sufficed here. I'm not quite sure raising on fourth was a great idea as, seat 8 with the J is probably dead and he may have called with no raise. His money would've been good (I think) to have in the pot. On fifth street I would've gotten out of the hand...it's obvious that he has the low and he may even be able to scoop. Sixth street brings the option of scooping even more into view and it would be a bad idea to continue with this hand.

Hand 2: First off...ouch. You started off great and just couldn't draw to your hand, which is really too bad because you had a great chance to at least get the low (not a good chance to scoop though w/ two 5's already out).

Bad day, it happens to the best of us.

I don't know if this is what you were looking for but, I did my best.