Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 01:52 AM

Default Collusion in a 4th STEP?

I'd like your opinion on this. Maybe I'm still steaming because I lost AA to ATs that crippled me mid/late of a 4th step. But I felt this was obvious collusion. Here's a copy of my email to Party Support, which I'm sure will do nothing with this information.

Collusion on 4th Step 2 Table #160814

I just wanted to report collusion between two players on the 2 table Step 4 game mentioned in the subject. When down to the bubble with 11 players left, the short stack (tuck64) was in the blind with barely over the blind amount. The Button player, redhotballz, said “here I’ll double you tuck” went all in, and then said “got to dodge my live cards though” tuck64 replied “with a 63” telling the whole table his hand while he was still waiting to act. Redhotballz replied “they are alos (spelling, meant also) live” telling tuck that his two cards were live based on redhot’s hand.

If this is not active collusion, I do not know what is. Regardless of the outcome, and what they each had, the fact that one player told another to call, the other player announced his hand, and was told by the other player still in the hand that his two cards were LIVE, is collusion.

I do not pay $535 to play in one of these, to have things like this happen. This is unacceptable. There are plenty of sites out there who would gladly take my money instead of Party. I would like a refund of my entry, or have my 11th place prize bumped up to a 10th place prize. I would also like to know what discipline action is taken against these two players.

Thank you.

Nick
Party Poker User: Chief_911

---------------------------------

Am I overreacting? No one at their table seemed to mind.

Nick
Old 12-09-2004, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Collusion in a 4th STEP?

Easy call. Definitely collusion,(IF they were telling the truth). Although likely only can be pinned on the first pusher.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:00 AM

Obvious collusion. Curious to see the reply. Keep us posted. Was he so short stacked he had to call? And what about the other blind? Just curious, not that these questions should alter their policy.

Edit: reread to answer my first question.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:04 AM

The thing is, I agree that it can be pinned on the initial pusher, who had about 6k. But the BB short stack who had 95 left, and would have been allin in the SB afterwards because blinds were 100/200, announced his hand, and sounded like he was not intending on calling.

I'm curious as to what Party Support (I use the term support lightly) will say.

Nick
Old 12-09-2004, 02:06 AM

I don't think you are over reacting. It's an obvious case of collusion. The player stated that he would willingly double up the BB.

I admit he didn't go about it well if he wanted to guarantee doubling up the BB, but they are communicating cards, talking about whether their cards are live, etc.

How Party could not find this to be a clear case of collusion would be beyond me. It will be interesting to see what Party does (if anything) about it. But, given other posts by folks who have spotted collusion and reported it, I wouldn't expect much from Party.

I wish you luck in having this resolved in your favor.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:27 AM

Party's response will look something like this:

Dear Chief_911,

Thank you for contacting PartyPoker support, we appreciate your input. If you could send us the tournament number you have a concern about, we will gladly look into it.

Michelle Gupta
PartyPoker Support Representative

PartyPoker Support,

I already told you the tournment number, it was the subject of my first email. Here it is again _________.

Nick
Chief_911

Dear Chief_911

Thank you for contacting PartyPoker support, I apologize for the misunderstanding about your concern regarding 4th step tournament number 160814. If you could please tell me the screen names of the players involved in the incident, I will be happy to look into it.

Karen Gupta
PartyPoker Support Manager

PPS,

I already told you the names, but here they are again....
Why does it seem like you don't even read the emails I send?

Nick

Dear Nick,

Thank you for contacting PartyPoker support, and again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. If you could please tell me your account name, I will look into the matter as quickly as possible.

Roger Gupta
PartyPoker Support Leader

Roger,

You guys suck. I already gave you all of the information necessary to look into this and there is clear colusion going on... don't you care?

Nick
Chief_911

Dear Nick,

Thank you for contacting us again, and I apologize for the misunderstanding. I have investigated the tournament number in question and spoke with the technical support manager. It appears that there were no problems with the server during the tournament. We will therefore not be able to refund your entry fee.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

John Williams
PartyPoker Support Supervisor
Old 12-09-2004, 02:34 AM

Just a warm-up for what you are about to experience...

http://www.funnypart.com/funny_flash/tech_support.shtml

eastbay
Old 12-09-2004, 02:37 AM

Yah, those are awesome. I've seen em. I'm actually very interested to see what they say.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:22 AM

Redhotballz is a frequent poster in the MTT section. I cant remember his 2 plus 2 moniker for the life of me. based on my image of him, i dont put this past him. very ugly incident.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:44 AM

redhotballz posts here as boedeker.

And yea, that sucks.