Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 AM

Default when money at the job just doesnt matter...

I'd like to share a strange comment I made at work today. Basically Im in a production-based environment with goals, deadlines ect. Anyways end of month fo us determines our monthly bonus. Im an assistant manager and a 200-400$ monthly bonus is given on top of our base salary if we hit a certain level of production.

Anyways, I missed my monthly goal by like 4%, all because of a retarded mortgage broker and couple of employees I had to let go. To be honest, I couldnt care less. Well... another manager was complaining about his month too, and asked me why I was smiling and being so apathetic. I said "..you know I could give a damn about the money, I make more than that on a few hands of poker, I just worked for 3 weeks straight, I could have been playing poker on those weekends....."

I Just thought it was pretty funny (in a depressing way), and then I really started thinking about it...maybe me making almost as much in poker (part-time) as my fulltime job has had an impact on my drive at work?

A few years ago when I was a losing player I strived to get that bonus...but now, busting my ass for 50-60 hours a week for an extra couple hundred bucks? God I can make 5-6 times that in R/B alone!!!

Anyone else thought about this? Is the good health insurance, benefits, ect. worth the hours?

I think Im going to call in tomorrow.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]