Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 12:37 AM

Default Re: FAQ help please

What are your favorite poker books, and what particular parts of each book did you find useful ?
Old 02-13-2005, 02:30 AM

What's the deal with the fossils?

What else do you do besides poker?

Are you writing a book?

Will you autograph ________ for me? (I promise I won't sell it on ebay...no, really)

Contact info for your agent maybe?

Do you think you could you beat me up? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Also, on a design note I'd have your web guy work on the buttons and make the complete button clickable instead of just the text. I find that annoying especially with a hover. (end nit-picking)

Otherwise, looks pretty good.

Best of luck,
J
Old 02-13-2005, 02:42 AM

Mostly these are questions I either know the answer to or don't care about but most non2+2ers would like to know.

How did you get the nickname fossilman?
What did you have on that huge hand against Arieh that didn't get shown? (I know you've answered that here)
What's your best advice for Joe Never Played Poker Before But Wants to Make It Big?
Do you know/like Chris Moneymaker?
Did you really get robbed?
What does your wife think of you playing poker for such large stakes?
I saw you play on ESPN and you get super lucky a bazillion times, is poker all luck?
What did you write in your book after Matusow was making fun of you?
What do you think of (insert famous TV pro here)?
I would like for you to appear at (event), how much do you charge and how can I make that happen?
Old 02-13-2005, 02:52 AM

Which player would you least like to play against in a NLHE tournament?

What is the most money you have ever lost in one night of poker (not counting tourney entry fees)?
Old 02-13-2005, 10:09 AM

I notice your store is some sort of Conjelco Book referral page. Does Chuck allow anybody to set up this sort of arrangement, or are you special? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2005, 11:10 AM

Chuck is going to handle fulfillment of my orders once the FossilMan-specific stuff is up there, and I also have the links to his items. I get a cut of his books if they sell through my link, and he gets a cut of my stuff for handling the fulfillment.

He has this arrangement with at least one other party, so I suspect he might do the same for you if you contacted him and arranged it. You'd just need to have a site with enough traffic so that it is worth his while to keep track of your sales.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 02-13-2005, 12:39 PM

More seriously it would be interesting if you could get all your best historical (poker related) posts from 2+2 and had them available on your site. I once took the time to search back a few years and read most of them, and I found that very helpful to my NL game.

Of course, I'm sure your book will be very informative and better structured than a random set of posts. But I think it's interesting from a historical perspective to see how you grew as a player too. For example, can you also put up your complete tournament record, including all the Foxwood events?
Old 02-13-2005, 01:48 PM

Default HE tournaments in NE

Greg: Being from New England as you know we are limited to only Foxwoods for playing HE (2 1/2 hr drive from southern NH). In the last year or so alot of charity tournaments are being held...The Lions club Elks etc. Most of these are $100. enties with rebuys and add ons for $100.' I believe you may have been up in Nashua and played in one of those after winning the WSOP Championship. Do you have any thoughts on these type of tournaments?
Old 02-13-2005, 01:54 PM

After having played in several major, large buy-in events, what are you now aware of that is not revealed on the subsequent TV broadcasts? (Restated: What interesting things would most TV viewers never know about being in the final two days, final day, final table of a major tournament?)

What restrictions are now placed on apparel and accessories, especially regarding advertising and political logos and copy, in events to be televised?

Are there TV broadcast release agreements that all players have to sign before TV slated events?
Is there anyway to negotiate separate, individual release, restriction agreements?
In some events will just paying the entry fee and participating in play automatically give others the rights to broadcast anything you do or say there?

Are you doing anything to try to get some of the vast amounts of money that broadcast rights generate added to the prize pools of broadcast events?

__________________________________________________ _

Personally, I would prefer that you didn't mention 2+2's website on yours. I assume you intend to educate your visitors, but I would rather not give the less educated fish more knowledge. Of course, in my selfishness, I'm happy for you to help me.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:22 PM

An important question, that may not be asked much:

Aside from poker books, what other books have you read that you find interesting, important, worthwhile, profound and/or moving.

-Zeno