Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 12:16 PM

Default How Many Sites

For the last 3 years or so I have limited myself to 2 or 3 poker sites where I'll play both tournaments (SNG & MTT) and ring games usually 3/6 or 5/10. At the present time I play Stars and Party mostly, and in the past Paradise and True. I'm tempted to try another site like Full Tilt or Ultimatebet because I guess its something different. (for me that is). At any one time I try to limit myself to having $1000.00 available to play with. Time is another consideration, you can only play so many hours in a day. I'm probably limited to about 20/25 hrs per week. Do most of you spread yourself around to many sites (4 or 5 or more)or limit yourself to 1 or 2 ? Will you go through the trouble of downloading a site, put money into it and after trying it once or twice just not play there anymore if you don't like it? Just wondering....
Old 01-25-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: How Many Sites

most of us play at one site (usually party and skins), only moving to other sites when the bonuses are juicy.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:58 PM

I play primarily at one site, because I have a rakeback deal there. I used to change sites regularly, usually only playing one at a time. I change sites whenever I go on an extended downswing. I think the change in site and new playing "environment" help me refocus and play my A game. Sometimes after a while on one site I fear I get complacent and my play may deteriorate despite my best efforts. I also switch between limit, NL and tourneys for a change of pace.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:17 PM

I spread myself around. Also, it looks like the ISOP will force me to add even more sites than I currently frequent.