Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2004, 01:49 PM

Default 10/20 AJ Hand

Loose passive 10-20 w/ half kill game to 15-30, a couple of raising, not too much re-raising. Avg. pot has 4-5 players in it.

Its a kill pot.
THe killer is UTG checks, 1 EP calls, 1 MP calls, folded to me in the small blind with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I call, bb knocks. 5 way action.
Flop is: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, planinng to raise, and the Killer bets out, EP raises, folded to me.
Re-raise or cold call?
I cold call, bb folds, Killer calls.
The Killer is a loose player, and usually bets out if he has any piece of the board, draw, any pair.
The Ep player is a pretty straightforward player, but would raise for a free card. But i think he may have been playing looser than normal, given his position (After the killer)
Turn is a Blank - 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check-raise here?
I bet out, Killer folds, EP calls.
River is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check-Check
We chop the pot, Ep shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I was thinking i chould've three bet the flop, but it would've kicked out the Killer, and would get it heads up with EP. I thought my ace was good, as the EP would raise with hands like AK or AQ preflop. I had the 2nd nut draw, but wasnt sure if it would be good if i hit, but i would bet out if i do hit. I also could've checkraised the turn, but bet out in fear of giving a free card. ALso, if EP had a flush, i could only get raised once, as opposed to check-raising, exposing myself to a three bet. Checking on the river was in hopes he was on a flush draw, to induce a bluff. So did i maximize profit here? Or should i have check-re-raised on the flop, or check-raised the turn.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Re: 10/20 AJ Hand

hi aq
you played it fine. i like the river check to pick off the bluff. well played.