Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Celebrities in the World Series?

I saw a Shannon Sharpe playing in the tourney is that the NFL Shannon? Also I saw a Rick Schroeder listed?
Old 07-10-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Celebrities in the World Series?

Edit(pic is too large): Shannon Sharpe

Taken from http://taopoker.blogspot.com/.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:53 AM

Jennifer Tilly
James Woods
Mimi Rogers
Jesus
Shannon Elizabeth
Tobey Maguire
Brad Garrett
Shannon Sharpe
Phil Hellmuth
Old 07-10-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer Tilly
James Woods
Mimi Rogers
Jesus
Shannon Elizabeth
Tobey Maguire
Brad Garrett
Shannon Sharpe
Phil Hellmuth

[/ QUOTE ]

How is Hellmuth a celebrity ?
Phil Gordon is more of a celebrity ... he does host celebrity poker on TV.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 02:43 AM

Amber Brkich
Boston Rob
Old 07-10-2005, 03:16 AM

You guys forgot another beauty..... Anna Benson

If that pic is not good enough her philosophy on beong a wife will:

Most sports fans know who Kris Benson is. For those who don't, he's a pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates with a career record of 43-48. He's also the same guy my buddy Tyler drafts every season in our fantasy baseball league... claiming he's poised for a breakout season. But most impressively, he's married to maybe the coolest chick on the planet: Anna Benson.

A quick rundown of some of the personal info on her official website, AnnaBenson.net:

Anna lists kickass flicks like A Clockwork Orange, Scarface, The Godfather, and From Dusk 'til Dawn among her favorite movies. She reads Maxim and FHM. Two of her favorite TV channels: CNN and ESPN, which means you can talk to her about anything going on in the world and she won't give you a blank stare. Not only is she up to date on current events, she's also well read - listing nine books as her favorites. Off the top of my head, I can't think of nine books I've read - let alone tell you which ones I liked the most. When trying to list her favorite foods, she simply states "I love it all!" So you know she won't go Mary-Kate on you.

And yet, all that ass-kickery pales in comparison to her two most glorious features as a woman:

1. She's really hot.

2. She loves sex.

I'm telling you right now, ladies: if you possess both of those traits and you're not married by the age of seven, you're either one hell of a bitch or you have some unbelievable, erotic turnoff. Like being unable to control your bowels during orgasm.

I just got done reading an interview Anna did with Player Magazine (thanks, Brandon), in which she talks about the two biggest problems she has with being married to a professional athlete: groupies, and the unwritten rule that sex is strictly prohibited before competition. Her answer to groupies is logical: bone her husband so much he's too tired to empty his testicles around anyone else. But she's found it a bit tougher to conquer her husband's dedication to abstaining from sex on game day.

“I hate it. There’s no scientific proof that sex is going to hurt your pitching performance,” she says. “Each player has his own ritual, and Kris’s is no sex when he pitches. It pisses me off because if you tell me I can’t have something then that just makes me want it more. I like having sex with Kris. We’ve had some pretty nasty fights over this issue.” Poor guy.

More quotes from Miss Anna:

“Sometimes I’ll fly to whatever city where the Pirates are playing, and if Kris isn’t pitching then we have sex.”

"It’s a lot of fun making sex tapes. We share them only with each other. I mean, what guy doesn’t want to videotape himself and his woman having sex? All men want to.”

“Every time Kris goes out of town, one of the first things we do is get on the phone and have phone sex."

“We want to christen every city that Kris has played in during his professional career.”

“We hadn’t had sex for a few days so we got into the back seat of our SUV in the parking lot at Three Rivers Stadium and while we were doing it fans were beating on the windows, we finished screwing then Kris got out and greeted the fans. Hell, I’m not stopping sex with my man so some overzealous fan can have an autograph!”

“After Kris has pitched in a game, we’re usually half naked before we get home and then we get after it. We’ve even pulled over and had sex on the way home.”

Old 07-10-2005, 03:28 AM

Will Wheaton (from Star Trek: Next Generation) played 1a.

-Aces
Old 07-10-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Most sports fans know who Kris Benson is. For those who don't, he's a pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates with a career record of 43-48.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have to check with Sklansky on these stats, but I think that record makes him a loser.

[ QUOTE ]
Two of her favorite TV channels: CNN and ESPN, which means you can talk to her about anything going on in the world and she won't give you a blank stare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Impressive. I still have problems spelling ESPN (was that right?). I mostly watch Jerry Springer. Is he on one of them?

[ QUOTE ]
she's also well read - listing nine books as her favorites. Off the top of my head, I can't think of nine books I've read - let alone tell you which ones I liked the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you probably wore out your box of Crayons after 3 or 4 books, so you never got that far. We understand.

[ QUOTE ]
I just got done reading an interview Anna did with Player Magazine

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, I hope you didn't get exhausted, moving your lips that much!! Maybe you should just wait for the made for TV movie??
Old 07-10-2005, 05:20 AM

You need to get laid.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:13 AM

Doesn't Benson pitch for New York Mets?

Aren't you surprised that, given that tournament poker is the new reality show, more celebrities don't participate?
Didn't you expect someone like Donald Trump to show up?