Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Online 4 Bet Cap on Heads-Up Limit Poker

An old topic not discussed in a while so here goes again.

Online sites should eliminate the restriction on heads-up raising in limit poker ring games at 4 bets and allow unlimited reraising. Previously the argument was the cap was necessary to protect the players but with the proliferation of no-limit now a player can lose a good chunk of a house payment on one hand.

Unlimited heads-up reraising would put more action in limit games, increase rake but also allow a player to think twice before making that sixth reraise and just call instead of going broke in a no-limit situation.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Online 4 Bet Cap on Heads-Up Limit Poker

some networks allow unlimited heads-up raising in LHE, like Crypto and Boss Media. since Crypto doesn't cap their rake for low limit games, I'm sure they don't mind.

however, on most other major networks, smaller tables are rake-capped at $1.00-1.50 per hand, so having big raise wars on the river are of no fiscal benefit. asking for unlimited raises at low limits is asking for the caps to be lifted.

I vote no. if you want no limit-type action, then just play no limit. no shortage of games in 2005, and the advent of buy-in maximums have made the format viable for all bankroll levels.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Online 4 Bet Cap on Heads-Up Limit Poker

Some online sites have a cap heads up on the end, some don't.

Similarly, some B&Ms have a cap heads up on the end, some don't. As it happens, the ones I've played in do, and I am happy online rooms to it the same way as I am accustomed.

I can understand why people used to the other way would prefer an online room to do it the way they are familiar with too.